What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

a new pack from Sample Squad : bodhrán

Official support for: samplesquad.com

Moderator: Shane Sanders

Shane Sanders
KVRAF

4068 posts since 10 Oct, 2002, from Nashville, TN USA

Postby Shane Sanders; Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:01 pm a new pack from Sample Squad : bodhrán

I'm pleased to present a teaser demo of my upcoming Sample Squad pack. It's an 18" bodhrán played with various hand techniques for a sound somewhere between a typical bodhrán and a tar. There will be small expansion packs offered later using beaters, brushes, etc.

This pack is 21 carefully chosen 32-bit samples, including 5 unique hand scrapes. It will cost a mere $1.49 US and will be available in the next few days (probably tomorrow).

http://www.samplesquad.com/mp3/bodhran_demo1.mp3
http://www.samplesquad.com/mp3/bodhran_demo2.mp3

Tests have confirmed that it retunes quite well over a decent range, so you'll be able to make the body resonance an ally in your mix. :)
Baard
KVRist

346 posts since 27 Nov, 2009, from Norway

Postby Baard; Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:37 am

Hi, Shane, sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but I just bought your Bodhran, and have a question.

Can you provide a list of explanations to the samples? (area struck, force used etc..) I would like to map this in two ways, one with every sample spread out, the other with focus on playability and realism. Such a list would help a lot with the latter.

Will check out your other drums tonight. Love the Bodhran, great work!!
Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Postby Shane Sanders; Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 am

Baard wrote:Hi, Shane, sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but I just bought your Bodhran, and have a question.

Can you provide a list of explanations to the samples? (area struck, force used etc..) I would like to map this in two ways, one with every sample spread out, the other with focus on playability and realism. Such a list would help a lot with the latter.

Will check out your other drums tonight. Love the Bodhran, great work!!

Some of my other drum sets have that info, or at least more descriptive terms for the sample name, but this one doesn't. Sorry! But it's a small set and should be fairly evident from the sound how it can be used.
Baard
KVRist

346 posts since 27 Nov, 2009, from Norway

Postby Baard; Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am

I understand. Playing some more with the samples sure gave me some ideas. This leads me to another question..

Do you allow sharing sfz mappings of the samples? (text file only of course). This forum would be a great place to share them, and might save others some work.
Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Postby Shane Sanders; Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 am

Baard wrote:I understand. Playing some more with the samples sure gave me some ideas. This leads me to another question..

Do you allow sharing sfz mappings of the samples? (text file only of course). This forum would be a great place to share them, and might save others some work.

Yeah, that's fine. I have a thread for that purpose:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254816

-S
cunparis
KVRer

20 posts since 30 Mar, 2011, from Paris

Postby cunparis; Tue May 10, 2011 3:01 am

Does this come with loops or just samples of the instrument?

I'm looking for some Bodhran loops that I can use as a backing for my tin whistle music.

Thanks
Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Postby Shane Sanders; Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 am

cunparis wrote:Does this come with loops or just samples of the instrument?

I'm looking for some Bodhran loops that I can use as a backing for my tin whistle music.

Thanks

All of my products are samples, not loops. The frog guiro product has some performance strokes, but they are probably more accurately described as one-shots. Thanks for your interest! :D
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21389 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri May 13, 2011 8:27 am

bloody hell shane, where hnave you been hiding yourself?
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
Shane Sanders
KVRAF

Postby Shane Sanders; Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 am

whyterabbyt wrote:bloody hell shane, where hnave you been hiding yourself?

I think I sorta just slid off the map for a while. I've been busy, but mostly with work and family stuff. You?

Moderator: Shane Sanders

Return to Sample Squad