Help with Komplexer install

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Answer to my inquiry with Musonik regarding Komplexer:

That's right, version 1.03 was the last/latest update for the Komplexer. Since this software is not supported anymore by Terratec, we decided to abandon the software from our product range. The drivers will remain on our server.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

I don't understand why you'd spend the time and money to develop something and then just let it die. At the very least sell the product to someone else. Musonik seems to have a connection with Image-line. Why not make Komplexer a FLStudio instrument? Open source it for cry'n out loud.

Anyway, that's again everyone for the install help. Worked like a charm. Komplexer sounds as good as ever. Makes me wonder what all the fuss is about Largo. It certainly doesn't show in anything I've heard on line yet, that's for sure.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I don't understand why you'd spend the time and money to develop something and then just let it die. At the very least sell the product to someone else. Musonik seems to have a connection with Image-line. Why not make Komplexer a FLStudio instrument? Open source it for cry'n out loud.

Anyway, that's again everyone for the install help. Worked like a charm. Komplexer sounds as good as ever. Makes me wonder what all the fuss is about Largo. It certainly doesn't show in anything I've heard on line yet, that's for sure.
I've not seen another segment of the software industry that does this. Typically the cost of development is high enough to justify continuing to sell the software, even if it's not that many copies per month. I think where Terratec went wrong is in spending money on a boxed version with copy protected CD. It was cracked anyway and the cost of physical distribution is significantly higher than virtual. They probably wrote off a good portion of the development costs instead.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

aMUSEd wrote:
losan wrote: PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
of Komplexer - with every other version the automation of the macros
is broken and causes Kore to crash, unless you open the Komplexer GUI.
Actually macro automation is broken in all hosts except for that version.
Yep, should have better said it this way.

Just mentioned it, because I use Komplexer most of the time inside Kore, because of the Macrocontrols, which lay out nicely to a Kore Controllerpage.

zerocrossing wrote:
losan wrote:
Hope, I saved you some headaches :wink:

Cheers,
losan

PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
YOU DID! Big time. If you're ever round the SF bay area I'll buy you a beer the size of a Japanese toilet. Thank you so much.

The guy did send me v1.0.3 though and I see the automation in Live 8 isn't working. Where would I find v 1.0.1 I wonder...

(edit) I did manage to make automation work, just not on the macro controls. I guess I can live with that.

Cheerio,

M
:)

Here's the link to versions 1.010 and 1.020:

http://ftp.terratec.de/Producer/KOMPLEXER/Updates/

Should have add it in my first post, cos it wasn't quite obvious, where to
find them. There's also a readme.txt there, which describes the fixes up to
version 1.020.
Myself I'm using v 1.010, haven't had any issues with it so far.
(but might use a little bit more CPU, because it's not SSE optimized,
but this doesn't really bother me here).
And as I said, latter versions re-introduced the bug with the broken
Macro Automation.

All the best,
losan

eduardo_b wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I don't understand why you'd spend the time and money to develop something and then just let it die.
I've not seen another segment of the software industry that does this.
Game industry. I worked on a Microsoft published game for a year. The demo was green-lit and actually expanded to encompass all of the resources of the studio plus. Since the UI doesn't really scale I got laid off as I was hired to do the more UI intensive smaller casual games.

Six months later Microsoft said, "Nah, forget it. We've changed our minds." I think the studio had to shed 70% of the staff. There was no "kill fee" built into their contract. I'm not even sure if they exist at this point. My guess is Microsoft still owns the game so no further development can happen without their consent. Sad state. Why they didn't just adjust the budget and schedule to put the game out in some form and have the chance to recoup some of their money is beyond me, but I guess that's why I'm not a business person. I do know that this type of thing happens all the time in the game industry.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

losan wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
losan wrote: PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
Actually macro automation is broken in all hosts except for that version.
Yep, should have better said it this way.

Just mentioned it, because I use Komplexer most of the time inside Kore, because of the Macrocontrols, which lay out nicely to a Kore Controllerpage.
Yeah me too - it would have been perfect for Kore if not for that stupid bug

Alchemy of course takes Kore compatibility even further with its performance grid and 8 "macros". Wish more synths made use of that sort of "macro" approach (Legacy Cell and Massive do too) - really works well for performance

losan wrote: go to > Start button > execute > regedit

navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion"

in the right view create a new string and name it "ProductId" (without the quotations)

as a value input your Windows ProductID (you can find it in the properties of "My Computer").
Close the Registry Editor, and after that you can install Komplexer in the usual way without an error message."

Just have to add, that you shouldn't delete the registry entry after the installation, otherwise you'll get a message at the start up of the synth, that you need to re-install the plugin.
Since Vista is elsewhere looking for the productID, this entry doesn't
interfere with the system.
Thanks for this perfect advice. I got Komplexer 1.03 to work in Windows 7 64 bit as standalone. But in Cubase 5.5.3 64 bit the GUI is not working. It is only very small and has only some buttens. The sound is working but without the GUI it is nearly worthless for me. I would like to use Komlexer in Cubase because I like the sound. Does anybody got it to work.
Thanks for any help.

Has somebody made good experiences with Cubase 5 32bit, Komplexer and windows 7 64 bit? I don't get it to work in Cubase 5 64bit and windows 7 64 bit.

afaik it won't even install on Win 7 64 bit now - what pity

aMUSEd wrote:afaik it won't even install on Win 7 64 bit now - what pity
True. And a real pitty it is indeed :(

Ive got it running on win 7 X64 using the reg trick suggested. Installs and runs fine other than the macro automation problems.

jw1023 wrote:Ive got it running on win 7 X64 using the reg trick suggested. Installs and runs fine other than the macro automation problems.
Really? Well in that case try installing 1.0.1.0 which doesn't have the macro bug

Even with Jbridge I have the same GUI Problem as before in Cubase 5.5.3 64 bit. How do you work with a Standalone version?

So far I got it to work with Cubase 5.5.3 32 bit. But I didn't make a longer test. With Windows xp Pro I had a lot of crackles, with my new system it seems to disappear.

Return to “Instruments”