Free DW8000 collection for Kontakt.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, my name's Alex, i've been a long time lurker on KVR and have downloaded some truly cracking freebies from this forum. Anyhow, I thought that it was high time I gave something back to you good people, so here it is, my DW8000 collection for Kontakt 4 (links below). It includes some of the best patches i've made on this great polysynth.

Included are 16 of my sounds, some pad sounds, some polysynth-ish sounds, a couple of fx and a nice monophonic unison bass sound. I took my favourite patches and then used Samplerobot to get the multisamples off the synth and into Kontakt, and then i started tweaking. The DW8000 has some annoying low hum on some of it's patches, notable more when you press the high keys, so i used a high pass filter in Kontakt that kicks into action on the higher keys. Some of the patches have multiple velocities, however some, to save space, have had Kontakt's own filter added and velocity mapped to it. I also added some delay or reverb where appropriate. I think they sound better in Kontakt than on the synth now!

Here's a demo of the sounds in action, note these are recorded from Kontakt with just internal effects, and just a little limiter.

http://soundcloud.com/elmosexwhistle/dw ... ntakt-demo

So what sounds do we have? Well, here's a list:

Choir of the damned: Nasty, Melotronish, Alien Choir Sound...Disturbing!
Dramatic Strings: It's all in the name!
Funk Long/Short: Two versions of a funky clav/polysynth hybrid sound, sounds VERY DW8000.
Intense: Some more dramatic Strings
Little Pitch Env: Timpani/Tom+Synth sound, very dramatic
Little Pitch Env2: Cute Digisynth Sound
Long Env: Seriously long filter envelope with lots of resonance, sliding down.
Lovely Strings: My fave string sound from the DW
Octave Strings: Similar, just in octaves
Phaseord: Phased pad
Pitch Env Vox: Very Digital and maybe annoying digivox sound
Rezo: Big Ass Unison Bass with multiple velocities sampled
Strat: Guitarish type pad
Whee: Reminds me of a wibbly effect in an old synth funk record.
Whovian: Big filter sweep up, has an early Dr Who flavour.

They're all yours to use for whatever you like :) If you love em, then maybe do me a favour and give one of my other tracks a listen whilst your on my Soundcloud page. (My Band, Elmo Sexwhistle, has a song called "Roses" on there)

If you love em so much you feel you've robbed me, then all donations welcome paypalled to elmosexwhistle@hotmail.com

Here's the link, hopefully it should work, i got unlimited traffic on this thing:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2559444615 ... x_Juno.rar

Oh, and if someone wants to upload it to a different provider, mediafire, etc, please feel free, just keep my name on the Rar file :)

Sorry if my post is riddled with spelling mistakes, it's been a long day and my time is limited.

Enjoy the samples!

Alex Juno, Synthgeek. 8)

this is great stuff, thanks for the samples! huge fan of 80s synths here. :party:

i've posted about the pack on my blog, with a link to this thread and your SoundCloud page.
Last edited by bpblog on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Very cool -- thanks! :D
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

The demo has some useful sounds in it, I'll try to use it in my next production.
Thanks for your work! :)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Thanks for the kind words so far and to bpblog putting the effort in to make a blog post. Just wanted to check that all the links worked and the samples loaded into Kontakt ok?

I saved them as monolith files so there should be no problems with sample references, i hope (fingers crossed!)

thx for the patches !

dokidokipanic wrote:I saved them as monolith files so there should be no problems with sample references, i hope (fingers crossed!)
yep, tried the patches last night, all worked well in Kontakt Player. great work, btw!

perhaps we can expect more stuff from you in the future? :hihi:

yeah, i'm thinking about doing more patch collections, i have some rather interesting digital synths like the Casio HT3000 (in fact, LOTS of casios), yammie TG33 and An1x which i'm planning to sample next. Samplerobot really makes the humdrum sample mapping process ALOT easier which gives me more time for the fun stuff, sound design!

The fact that people are using/enjoying my work, and are leaving nice comments up here is very rewarding and makes me very happy, i might become addicted to this free sample malarkey 8)

dokidokipanic wrote:Casio HT3000 (in fact, LOTS of casios)
:love:

we want more! :D

Thanks! Never enough soundz....... :D
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

I still own a DW-8000. Battery needs replacement. I keep it for sentimental reasons I guess. It was (is) a great wave table synth.

This link wants me to buy or download some software. Can you (or someone) post another link, please??

osiris wrote:This link wants me to buy or download some software. Can you (or someone) post another link, please??
You can ignore the adverts and just click on the "Free Download" button. After a 5 minute waiting period, the button changes to say "Download Now" -- click it again. (Rapidshare account members can choose the "pro" option and get it immediately).

shame there are no wav files

Thanks, I see. I thought it was trying to upload something into my computer because of that bar. Can't wait to try these!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”