SAM (Freeware Sound Library Management Software for Windows)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This looks really interesting and useful Yaroun. I look forward to trying it out when it's nearer the finished product.

My samples are fairly well organised, but having those tagging options to pick out the most suitable samples quickly will be a godsend.

All the best with it!

synaesthesia wrote: My samples are fairly well organised, but having those tagging options to pick out the most suitable samples quickly will be a godsend.

All the best with it!
If you're samples are organized then SAM is definatly something for you because he compares the defined tags with the filename, filepath and header information.

e.g. if you have a tag defined like "dark" and somewhere in the file name, file path or sample header appears that word, then Sam will pick that up while importing sounds. If you check that tag after import, that sound will appear in the results list.

Cool, sounds right up my street.

Wish your Alchemy soundbanks were available for the Player as they sound great and are absurdly affordable!

Let me see if I get this right.....Will this program actually move samples to a new location or just scan your drives and gather information from the folders already existing? I have my samples organised fairly well but there are just too damn many of them :hihi: I don't want more folders than I have but i'd love a way to preview them and drag them directly to a FL instrument channel w'hile keeping the original sample folder.

K-Bee wrote:Let me see if I get this right.....Will this program actually move samples to a new location or just scan your drives
Just scanning folders and drives.

Thank Goodness! :hihi:

Very cool project!

Some suggestions:

I'd like to see the ability to create your own categories, so that you're not limited to the list that you provide. Especially for field recordings it is important to be able to define and search sounds very specifically.

For example, a sound could be defined in the following way:

Ford Mustang 2010 V8 exterior driveby RtoL gravel 30mph static mic birds sennheiser-mkh30 original

The ability to search on date or even time ranges would be vital too.

And for the future: a mac version :P, the ability to link photos to sound files, decoding of mid-side recordings, automatic grouping of sound files in case they are split-stereo or even split-surround files and a 'show in explorer' option when you right click on a file.

:)

I started over (again) and this is how it is now:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There's a lot of work in this program now. A lot of research and coding, so I won't release it as freeware. I have no idea what the price will be, but just as my soundbanks, it won't be very expensive. :wink:

In the boxes below you can define your search tags and category tags.

To give you some healthy competition I'll post this:

http://ifoundasound.com/

At 69 euros it is brilliantly good value and has a LOT of features. Good luck with the development. I'll be watching it with a lot of interest. :D

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Yuroun wrote:I started over (again) and this is how it is now:

There's a lot of work in this program now. A lot of research and coding, so I won't release it as freeware. I have no idea what the price will be, but just as my soundbanks, it won't be very expensive. :wink:

Hi Yuroun,

looks very good and promising.
Your web page let us download V 0.9011. Is this the newest version of it?

Greetings

michat

michat wrote:

Hi Yuroun,

Greetings

michat
It's still my first version. The new version is lost due to a clean up :?

The only requests I could ever have from a library program would be two things.

The ability to use the up and down arrows on my keyboard to audition samples and nothing else. Not go down and hit right. Not hover over it for a second. Just up and down and they play. A checkbox in preferences for something like hover over and preview would be sweet too but to me the first one is a requisite.

And a one button delete option. With no yes box. Just goes straight to the recycle bin.

If you add a checkbox to your program for these two options I and many other people would buy it.

My deal is that I have no problem finding a place to put them. I could network their locations and share them just as well easily in windows.

I however can't for the life of me find a way to quickly audition and delete samples.
Junglist

Yuroun wrote:
michat wrote:

Hi Yuroun,

Greetings

michat
It's still my first version. The new version is lost due to a clean up :?
Aaaahhhh sh*t.
I hate it when that happens! :(

Do you have the ability to add capability to analyze the waveform and search my library to find samples that are the closest sonic match to a sample that I specify?

for eg.. I'd like it to search my library referencing a kick drum I chopped from a track and find the closest sonic matches in my library (prefferably listed in order of how close they are) so that I may choose the best one for my track. This would be an astronomically HUGE thing to have if it worked well!

Hmm // Is IT wworks now??

I cant download this tools!!

I realy need

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”