asio

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just downloaded your most recent RapidComposer demo. I too am having trouble getting ASIO4ALL to work. MME & Windows Direct sound work fine!! I have been using REAPER & other audio software using ASIO4ALL, just to let you know I know how to set it up. I'm using a KETRON external sound module for both Midi in & Midi out, so there was no need to disable Ms wavetable synth. Do you have other suggestions for me? Thank you.

As I noted in the other place you posted ... ASIO4All should have nothing to do with triggering the sound from your external sound module.

Are you sure you are triggering the module and not the soundfonts that are included in RapidComposer for demo purposes?

If you are hearing sound when you select MME or Windows Direct Sound, I suspect you are hearing the soundfonts played through your audio card ... not the Ketron playing back the track.

A tired but true suggestion is to get an audio interface and ditch your onboard sound chip.

I can testify that my ASIO drivers for my audio interface are working flawlessly.

Really the only reason I can see that you would need low latency is if you are trying to play phrases into Rapid Composer. As far as working in the program, latency should have little to do with it as it will all be in sync with itself even if there is a 0.5 sec delay when you hit play. I also have a module hooked through and I don't notice any latency when I play on my controller.

Como

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Thanks for your reply, I'll continue to use MME. Only need a buffer size of 45msec to get the pops out. But I should get some Audio output using Asio as MME & Direct sound are all using my USB Turtle Beach (if I dare say) sound card. I can't even preview the "chords" with Asio but MME & Direct Sound play the chords fine. As you can see I'm not using an on-board chip.

(cough, cough)My sincerest apologies! I'm also going to highly recommend you try some soundfonts, if you aren't all ready. Ntonyx provides you a free GM module soundfont and there are others you can google for. I'm looking at this prog as a midi sketch pad.

I look forward to the day ... that I think will be coming ... that the program will also operate as a midi VSTi inside my DAW. Then there will be no driver compatibility issues! Something that drives me batty with BIAB.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

No apologies needed. I'm currently using soundfont FluidR3 GM now but thank you for the link. It's just going to take some time to understand this program. But I do think there are elements here that are not found in other DAW'S. Really is a bit different. Thank you for your help.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”