How do you share plugins..?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First I'd like to apologise, I'm sure this question has come up a hundred times. I have read through the posts on here and understand that the recipients computer must have the SonicBirth Framework. I've tried sending the framework over to him to put in his root library and the user library, but when logic boots up the plugin does not appear anywhere. We've tried re-scanning with AU manager.
I'm clearly doing something wrong, is there anyone that could possibly give me an Idiots guide to doing this..?

Logic? Assuming the framework is installed as it should, a SB plug-in will appear in Logic only on a track with a channel count corresponding to the plug-in channel count: a SB plug-in with six channel will only be available in Logic in a 5.1 track.

To be sure the framework is installed as it should, make people download and install the complete SB package:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

I had similar issues, but I found out that the key was to make sure each time you export a plugin from SB, make sure it has a uniquely identifying "Subtype" number in the settings panel.
Once I figured this out, all the AU plugins i export actually appear!

kilshaw wrote:I had similar issues, but I found out that the key was to make sure each time you export a plugin from SB, make sure it has a uniquely identifying "Subtype" number in the settings panel.
Once I figured this out, all the AU plugins i export actually appear!
In that case, the host would be using cached information about the plugin (not unusual). Surely, your approach will fix the problem, but deleting the host's cache files is another possible approach.

Return to “SonicBirth”