One-Synth-Challenge 31: Z3ta+ - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Z3TA+

As fitting with KVR where both free and commercial synths are featured, OSC will reflect this so first out of the commercial synths will be Z3ta+ to coincide with its version 2 update being released this month.

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Create a track using only Z3ta+ for all sounds, including percussion. Any version is allowed, also together in the same track. This also includes the Virus mod.

The song MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Upload to SoundCloud only.

Songs must be submitted before 1st September (KVR time)

NOTE:
1. A reminder to both name and tag the file properly, they should both be the same like this: Artist - Song Name.mp3 where artist name is your KVR nick.

2. Also remember that ALL effects must be free and available to all. That means NO host effects are allowed. Exception is host EQ.

PRIZES:
Cakewalk :
1 X Sonar X1 + Free choice of one license for either Z3ta+ 2, Dimension Pro or Rapture
4 X Free choice of one license for either Z3ta+ 2, Dimension Pro or Rapture

Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full

GSI : Free choice of one plugin
[url=hhttp://www.genuinesoundware.com]Image[/url]

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Frantic Records : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Luftrum5 - a ReFill for Reason

Xenos Soundworks: Free choice of 1 soundset
(including upcoming soundsets which will be listed in this thread)

Designasound: 1 package of all soundbanks
(Tone2 Gladiator2, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Toxic Biohazard, Novation V-Station)

Kreativ Sounds: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nice. :D Commercial synths, a very good idea! But I must say, "ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!"
Finally a commercial synth but there's no mac version! :-o

Off I go to borrow my Mom's pc laptop again... :oops:

Pity I didn't buy this when it was only £15.00...

:(

MajorBloodnok
Red peppers in dynamite sauce? I must have been out of my mind!

OK...V'Ger hasn't updated the original post yet to reflect this, but Xenos Soundworks is also donating a prize to the winner - his/her choice of 1 free soundset, and that is good for any future product as well. Below is the list of new synths we will be releasing commercial banks for within the next 6 months:

- Z3ta+ - "Dark 'n' Dirty" soundset (will be released whenever the demowriter is finished with the mp3)
- Zeta 2
- Predator - "Platinum Pop" soundset (Done, but just wating on a demo mp3)
- Reason Thor/Malstrom
- Alchemy
- Largo
- Helix
- Dimension Pro
- Fabfilter Twin 2
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Very interesting!

When you say Z3ta+, any version - does that include the new version 2?

Jon

Designasound is also donating prize to the winner: Free choice of 1 soundbank from currently available on http://www.designasound.com:
- Tone2 Gladiator2 "Space Station" Soundbank,
- Cakewalk Z3ta+ "Commercial Electronica" Soundbank,
- Toxic Biohazard "Popular Leads" Soundbank,
- Novation V-Station "EDM Soundset").

PS. I'm not much into the rules but if there is "runner-up" (second) position then same prize from Designasound is offered (one free choice soundbank). I hate "the winner takes it all" rule ;)

Hi friends,

see you in september or whenever OSC covers some free VSTi plugin again. :cry:

We wish you a lot of fun and success!

Cheers
RuediRena

Doc Jon wrote:Very interesting!

Jon

has it been released yet?

cis-didge wrote:

Jon

has it been released yet?

Thursday

Just in time for the OSC (if it's allowed)

Jon

RuediRena wrote:Hi friends,

Cheers
RuediRena
Isn't there a demo available? I haven't tried it yet. Anyone know the limitations?

evo2slo wrote:
RuediRena wrote:Hi friends,

Cheers
RuediRena
Isn't there a demo available? I haven't tried it yet. Anyone know the limitations?
Yes, the demo drops out now and then (if I remember correctly). I only uninstalled it a few months ago in anticipation of picking up Z3ta+ on offer - which I missed by about a day. Maybe if Cakewalk puts if on offer again for the duration of its own special OSC, that would be nice? :pray:

MajorBloodnok

evo2slo wrote:Isn't there a demo available? I haven't tried it yet. Anyone know the limitations?
You are right. There is a demo. Every 5 seconds or so the volume of patches drops. Indeed a spectacularly well sounding plugin :(

It reminds us of Phasex, a software synth exclusively working under Linux. V'ger and Irion, how about allowing Phasex as an alternative to Z3ta+? We would like to join in, but:

Working with plugins that are not free is like using a crutch to us. We would prefer free software. Not free as in free beer but free to have a look at the source code etc., a concept we really like. Remember, we joined in march OSC with ZynAddSubFX which is free in that sense. Anyway, great fun and the overall very symaphetic atmosphere made us stay with OSC. It doesn*t make much sense to spend money on a plugin we would only use for one or two challenge tracks.

At least we will listen to your submissions and will vote.

Again, good luck to everyone.

+1

MajorBloodnok

Jon
@Doc Jon
Completelly yes ;)

@RuediRena
Well, you know i'm new here (even more as you) as sub-admin in OSC, i just wanted to help V'ger with somethings, closing threads, and try to help people when they have doubts; you already know he is the main boss here, so wait until he can reply you, but about the Phasex thing i think he will say not, this wouldn't be fair, because all people must use only Z3ta+, and not any other synths.
I already knew that not all people would be happy with this little change (only this month, at the moment)

Anyway, about you said that "what is the deal to buy a synth only for a month?" i can't see it like that, because all we are musicians, and we need some new equip sometimes, new synths, new effects, etc.
I paid for my Z3ta+ copy and seriously, i'm very happy with it, and of course, i will use it from now in my no-KVROSC tracks. So it's not only to use for this month really, it's a new gear for your music and future tracks, for your equipment which will go with you your whole life. (until you sell it :hihi:)

In the another hand i know how you and the others are feeling now, really.
So again, sorry for the payware thing this month, but it was necessary and a good idea to make people come here. More participants means more prizes and more tracks :)
I hope at least, to see you and all the others voting for the tracks, it would make me happy to see you here in the contest this month, really. :)

And don't worry, the next month will be again freeware with synth vote and you could participate again. In fact, i'm expecting a track from you (or even two) for the next month.

We already have prepared the OSCs until the end of year, that's all i can say for now :)
It was a hard work to testing about 150 synths at the moment, but it was a great experience with V'ger, so i hope you all could value this effort to bring to you all those OSC every month.

@Donors
Thanks to those who are donating soundbanks, very kind by your part :)
And still, soundbanks, synths, whatever you can donate, it will be greatly appreciated.

@Those who doesn't have a copy of Z3ta+
Sorry for not being freeware this month, but this synth worth it and as V'ger said, OSC goes with payware too, at least 2 or 3 times in a year.

Anyway, i will talk with V'ger to see if Cakewalk could put the offer again for a day or two, so you can buy it. This means more clients and purchasers for Cakewalk, so i couldn't expect a 'NO' from them. Anyway, i promise nothing. This is a thing from Cakewalk. But we could try it.

I'm very anxious to see and listen all the tracks for this month.
We could reach easily the nice cipher of >25 tracks.

Have a good day people :)

Xenos wrote:OK...V'Ger hasn't updated the original post yet to reflect this, but Xenos Soundworks is also donating a prize
Sorry didnt have time to update the OP before, but have done now and thanks again for the contribution :)
D N A wrote:Designasound is also donating prize to the winner: Free choice of 1 soundbank
Thank you :)

About the choice of synth for this month, I knew some would be disappointed that it is payware and thinking it outside the spirit of OSC since it has mostly been freeware stuff until now, but it's the spirit of KVR to feature both equally as seen how (until now) freeware OSC have sticky threads here when they could easily have been reserved to promote developers etc.

Not that the plan is feature both equally, just to have the occasional commercial synth in between the free ones to spice things up and see what can come of it.

I know it's a pain for those who don't have Z3ta, but there have been freeware choices that have been caused participants to drop out because of bugs etc so there are always pro and cons. But I'm pretty sure particpants who have Z3ta are pretty excited with the choice this time..

Return to “Instruments”