A Collection of Useful C++ Classes for Signal Processing

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thevinn wrote:
robrokken wrote:Are there even peak filters in this?
Peak filter? You mean a mid-band shelf filter? Yes there is.
I was wondering the same, thanks for the info.

I would not want to appear too lazy to not look in the source code or read this thread again from the start, but since I am admittedly lazy... :hihi: Is this library designed to only process stereo signals? (I have it working for that but my concern is processing mono efficiently as well as processing surround audio in the future without having to manage several instances of a filter class) I can't see any obvious way to set the number of channels used, at least in the DSP::Filter base class...

A filter can be instantiated to work with any number of channels from 1 and up.

thevinn wrote:A filter can be instantiated to work with any number of channels from 1 and up.
Thanks. So the number of channels is in the template parameters. That, I suppose, makes it impossible to support an arbitrary number of channels dynamically at runtime...? I know, that's not a very typical use case, but I'd like to be prepared for all sorts of weird things. Anyway, not a big deal at the moment, my app currently only supports stereo operation at most anyway.

It should have been obvious the number of channels is in the template parameters, but your library is like Logic (the app). If you don't constantly (re)learn and use it, it's easy to forget how things work. :wink:

This project has been updated to include:

XCode 4 projects with targets for Mac OS 32/64, iOS, and iOS simulators.
Visual Studio 2010 projects with both 32 and 64 bit platforms.
Shared settings files (.xcconfig for XCode 4 and .props for Visual Studio).

Folders were reorganized so each module is self contained (Juce, DSP Filters static library, and DSP Filters demo application).

Would a kind soul(s) please get the sources and see if it builds correctly for either MacOS, iOS, Windows, or all three? Of course it works on my machine but I would like to know that what I put up there doesn't have any issues before I move on.

Thanks!

Is there a build option for vs2008 Express?

pj geerlings wrote:Is there a build option for vs2008 Express?
Jesus H....I just threw out my Visual Studio 2008 CDs a few days ago. You're killing me!!!

I think I have an ISO somewhere....I suppose I could install it and set up a Visual Studio 2008 project JUST FOR YOU because you're special.

But before I do that, can you please tell me what the difference is between Express and Full? I have the full version, I don't want to create a project that you can't open.

Thanks!

Oh God a visual studio 2008 install with SP1 along side my vs2010 this is gonna hurt.

If I recall correctly, service pack 1 ISO from microsoft is defective when the installer runs that means I have to download it and its a couple of gigs. Crap on a stick!

thevinn wrote:... Crap on a stick!
not a pretty sight for sure ;)

thevinn wrote:can someone please tell me what the difference is between Express and Full? I have the full version, I don't want to create a project that won't open in Express.
I'm working on this now - anyone?

According to Wikipedia, 2008 Express has:

No resource editor.
No built-in MFC support.
No built-in ATL support.
No profiling support.
No built-in x64 compiler.
No support for OpenMP.
No support for add-ins or IDE macros.
No debug memory or registers window and only one watch window.

Don't know if that's all, but I'm pretty confident that for a simple DSP lib (not trying to say that your lib is simple.... you get the idea) anything you do with the Full version, you can do with the Express version....except the 64bit thing.

Tzarls wrote:No support for add-ins or IDE macros.
I'm ok with everything, including 64 bit (if you want 64 bit, use Visual Studio 2010).

This raises an eyebrow though, I'm using "User Macros" in the property sheets. I hope they are different than IDE macros. I'm thinking, they are. IDE macros sound like actions (which I dont use).

Visual Studio 2008 Workspace and Project Files Are Up!

You will need to svn checkout from the repo to get these new files. They are not in the big .zip download.

Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any issues using them with Express, so I can close the ticket.

it does have x64 capability, you just need to install it separately and there is a registry "hack" involved.

ideally the only difference in the project files should be that they have the target set differently for the x64 versions. the lib names, configuration and other properties should be identical across targets.

msvc has capability to do this - it allows you to specify linker directories and header directories based upon target, of course. this is obviously absolutely necessary. due to that, the project files can be identical.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”