rebirth rewire?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey,
i am trying to get cubase 6 to recognize rebirth rewire and i'm failing.. i have tried replacing the rewire.dll but i have not found a version that lets me do it..
anyone had experience with this recently? rebirth rewire is simply missing from my devices menu...

You have Cubase 32-bit or 64-bit installed?

got both - but i use 32

Ok, i thought that maybe using a 64-bit host would be the issue as Rewire is 32-bit only on Cubase.

Rebirth works with Cubase 6? :?
#PassionForHappiness

Sure, works fine here with Cubase 6 Elements. :)

chk - can you give any details please? version of rewire.dll in windows/system32/ ?
do you have other rewire products installed? Live? REAPER? Reason? before i had this trick of reinstalling Reason to get the right rewire...

this is another reason that i would love a Rebirth 3.0.. :idea:

after all this time i noticed an old 'Rewire.reg' file in the RB directory - this fixed it! it remaps the rewire.dll in registry to point to your rb 2.0 directory..

C6.5 offers 64bit rewire. anyone tried this with Rebirth already ???? this was the sole reason i paid for the update yesterday but didn't have the chance to test it yet ..

i think that rewire needs to be on the same platform - so no RB 2.0 32bits with 64bit rewire - i think it will use the 32bit version..

that is what i was doing - 6.5 working properly..!

ford442 wrote:i think that rewire needs to be on the same platform - so no RB 2.0 32bits with 64bit rewire - i think it will use the 32bit version..

that is what i was doing - 6.5 working properly..!
oh boy ... so.. it's still a no-go ... thanks for the report.

you want me to try to rewire Rebirth to Cubase 6.5 64bit? i can do that today...

ford442 wrote:you want me to try to rewire Rebirth to Cubase 6.5 64bit? i can do that today...
Yes sir, please do, if you may !!!
i still don't have the time to check things properly..

well - C 6.5 x64 can rewire to Rebirth - but, i can't tell you for certain if it is using the 64bit rewire.dll or not..

thanks ! are you using the RB-338 v2.2.1 ? i mean the modified installer for x64 with the cd-check ? did you just register the RB rewire client (x86) and C6.5x64 simply recognised it ?

errr.. apologies for all the questions but it'll take me at least a couple more days till i get to test it myself as i'm currently amidst another project ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”