VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow... excellent news... thanks.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

So I tried to make a video about how to use Kirnu in FL studio 9 and after one hour I gave up ;)
I simply can't use that program.

Would someone be so kind and explain how to route Kirnu's output to some VSTi or to other instruments.
This program is too complicated to me. I watched some videos on YouTube but I think the procedure is different in version 9.

-Arto

Arde2 wrote:So I tried to make a video about how to use Kirnu in FL studio 9 and after one hour I gave up ;)
I simply can't use that program.

Would someone be so kind and explain how to route Kirnu's output to some VSTi or to other instruments.
This program is too complicated to me. I watched some videos on YouTube but I think the procedure is different in version 9.

-Arto
Fantastic plugin, BTW!

I'm far from an FL Studio expert, but this works for me. I'm using FL Studio 9 and not the latest Beta (9.9, IIRC), but it should work the same.

All you need to do is click on the Fruity Wrapper/wrapping settings icon (in the upper left hand corner of the selected plugin; it looks like a gear) of the VST plugin and set either the MIDI Input and Output ports for it.

This doesn't work for Fruity Generator plugins, only VST plugins. i.e., this will work for the VST version of Harmless but not the native version.

-From the toolbar, add or insert a channel for Kirnu (Channels -> Add One -> Arto Vaarala - Kirnu)
-Add or insert another channel for a VST instrument such as Zebra, Alchemy, Harmless, etc.
-Click on the wrapping settings for Kirnu and set the MIDI Output port to the desired number, like '1')
-Click on the wrapping settings for the VST and set the MIDI Input port to the corresponding number, in this case, '1').

Hope this helps and is what you were looking for!

cryophonik wrote:
Arde2 wrote: (1) are you insane?
(2) what's the catch?
1. Yes I am :D
2. To make people happy :wink:

I have always appreciated people giving their VSTs free and I thought I'll start my career as VST developer by giving something back.

This is fantastic. It's QUITE clear, almost at a glance, how much work you put into this.

THANK YOU!

Cheers.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Hello Arde,

Again, thankyou for this wonderful tool.

I would like to suggest that for future major versions, if you could make the UI controls (the ones the user interacts with) a little bigger. Bigger fonts and everything.

Why? Because live tools, like this arpeggiator, often need to be viewed from a distance. So, large-ish fonts and good contrast is very useful.

Hi-

Just want to be in the thread so I can get update emails. What's not to like about this tool :) Looking forward to development and thank you.

Regards, James

Arde2 wrote:FYI

OS X VST version, win x64 version and non SSE2 version are on their way...
:)

Arde2 wrote:FYI

osx VST version, win x64 version and non SSE2 version are on their way...
X64! Nice. Can't wait!

What a great plugin!

My only two suggestions to make it better:

* pattern length up to 64 steps
* more CCs available for external modulation with the arp (8 instead of 2)

Kudos!

Return to “Instruments”