When will Spectrasonics announce Stylus RMX 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We've watched NI offer a total hardware software solution with Maschine / Komplete

So I can't believe a company of Spectrasonic's stature isn't contemplating the same.

We've already seen Eric Persing design the OMG-1 ... a hardware software combo ... as well as Omni TR on iPad.

So what's in store from Spectrasonics?

Especially for Stylus - which is now growing long in the tooth.

Eric ... even a mild hint would be welcome :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Spectrasonics beat their own path! And the OMG 1 - I'm pretty sure - was a fun one-off.

Eric has come as close as I've ever seen him to dropping hints online that there is some mammoth new Stylus RMX replacement in the works. Like you, I'd love it if it was sooner rather than later. And just consider this... Spectrasonics haven't released a single new product that they've got money from for 2 whole years now! That never ceases to amaze me - I think what happens is every time they release an amazing new free upgrade to an existing product, a whole load more people decide to take the jump. Clever stuff.... but surely at SOME point they'll need a totally new revenue stream!

Native Instruments make some absolutely incredible stuff, but they do kinda milk customers with new paid upgrades every year, chopping and changing support for products and having giveaway bundles and sales. By contrast, Spectrasonics is pretty simple - no sales, no deals, but cool new free stuff at regular intervals for customers so when you buy into it it's a purchase that keeps on giving. I like their approach.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm sitting here with a huge smile from having

a) purchased software without a problem from a website that claims to be EU and really is EU ,
b) received goods from Europe to UK without having to pay FedEx duty
c) installed successfully
d) marvelled at the depth and reliability of the huge music database that is not littered with sample instrument errors that may be corrected sometime in the future provided they are entered onto a Company spreadsheet
e) marvelled that I am not having to pay additional costs because my purchase was charged in the wrong currency

.......and have just justified at home that K8 Ultimate means I don't need any more music software ever ever again

This surely means RMX2, Omnisphere 2 and Trilian 2 are waiting to be announced at NAMM next January. And I got these for not much money from original Stylus, Atmosphere and Trilogy purchases and have had them upgraded for free for so long.

I also appreciate the way EP responds to customers - even when we are being difficult

Regards Neil

It is. It's gonna be called Brain Beater and it will reach right into your rhythmic cortex and compose entire drum tracks of any kind with but a thought.

:wink:

noiseboyuk wrote:By contrast, Spectrasonics is pretty simple - no sales, no deals, but cool new free stuff at regular intervals for customers so when you buy into it it's a purchase that keeps on giving. I like their approach.
Yes, I prefer this approach. If they make a really fantastic product in the Stylus, they may get my money, which they already have from Omni and Trillian. But I'm really enjoying Geist and see this as the top drum machine.

I suspect a hardware controller for RMX.

I don't see how Spectrasonics will let NI get away with it
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:I suspect a hardware controller for RMX.

Is there really such a big demand? (honest question, maybe there is - personally I couldn't be less interested but I don't do any live work). While my perception is that the OMG-1 was a one-off, I think Spectrasonics are totally sold on using the iPad as an interface. I'd expect RMX 2 to support it from the get go.

noiseboyuk wrote:

Is there really such a big demand? (honest question, maybe there is - personally I couldn't be less interested but I don't do any live work). While my perception is that the OMG-1 was a one-off, I think Spectrasonics are totally sold on using the iPad as an interface. I'd expect RMX 2 to support it from the get go.
noiseboyuk wrote:

I don't play live anymore either and I don't want to derail this thread, but for those who have Omnisphere, Trilian and RMX, hardware controllers are a must IMHO. I want an iPad, but not for what it currently does - which is pretty cool.

When I first upgraded to them, all I had was my unspeakable Oxygen49 (I still use it, sigh). And Spectrasonics came out with their videos and I immediately knew I needed a sustain pedal for Trilian. And then Eric did that video with, I think, three Korg nanoKontrols demonstrating live mode I knew I was wasting time doing what I was doing.

I have the nanoKontrol, the sustain pedal and my filthy-piece-of-trash Oxygen 49 and I amaze my friends (and it's not my playing).

I only bring this up because RMX, is for me, the most difficult to fully control with what I have (excepting the trusty mouse).

RMX2, well first off I hope Spectrasonics renames it. RMX is an unbelievable piece of work, but there are drum sounds that simply aren't there. If you write rock songs you immediately realize you need something else - which is no big deal.

What I do want RMX2 to be able to do is control Omnisphere. I want to be able to use RMX in groove mode, and slice mode in Omnisphere in an expanded live mode, and have the envelopes and arpeggiators immediately follow suit.

Uh, I'm not going to request that. :hihi:

Seriously, I don't know what RMX2 will be, but I was drop-dead impressed with the free 1.7 update, and now at 1.94d (?) - I'm ready to starve for a month. :)

The thing that comes in my mind would be a more flexibility that would make the three spectrasonic plug-ins more interactive when running together in a sequencer, which is already the case at a certain degree (groove lock between Omnisphere and stylus RMX, possibility to load Trillian's patches into Omnisphere)

deleted

No cos it's the only one that i do not own, it's just what i've read about current compatibility between both plug-ins
Which doesn't much surprise me though, considering the fact that they both based on the same engine !
Last edited by Krakatau on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Declan 32001
What I do want RMX2 to be able to do is control Omnisphere. I want to be able to use RMX in groove mode, and slice mode in Omnisphere in an expanded live mode, and have the envelopes and arpeggiators immediately follow suit.

+1

And a Live "latch" mode in RMX that I can use while using Omni's Live mode ... yeah!!!

But I'm suspicious of hardware controllers after bad experience with Cakewalk's A-500 inability to control Sonar X1 like it says on the box.

(This is what is so appealing about Maschine - but I'm not a big NI fan, and don't want to build my musical life around NI products, even if they are good on occasion)

So ... I await an RMX hardware box.

Been waiting for a totally new RMX2 for years. While the updates have been great for functionality, the sounds haven't changed. I think it's past time for more than a facelift. It's time for a NEW Stylus RMX2!

this thread has given me an erection.

I bought Omnisphere about 2 months ago and I'm a week away from ordering Stylus RMX and also hope to get Trilian soon. It's all new to me. :D

Return to “Instruments”