audiomidi Rhino does not remember preset in Sonar x1

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The subject says it all. It keeps going back to default even after saving the project. anyone else have this problem? Killer synth though, great sounds!!!

I am having an identical problem in Reaper. After saving and re-loading the project, Rhino doesn't remember which program was selected, and jumps back to the first program in the factory bank. This happens on Reaper 3.11 on the PC running Windows XP, and also on Reaper 4.10 on a macbook running OS X 10.6. I have the AudioMidi version.

I have seen the same problem reported in FL Studio a few threads ago, but can't read the forum it was diverted to.

Anybody else?

Yes, I confirm - this is a bug that was added in V2.10. I'll release a fix ASAP.

Actually, I have a hotfix ready. Get it here.

Big Tick, I am impressed with your quick response (also with your splendid synth!)

I'm inexperienced with messing about with the internals of OS X. My '/Library/Audio/Plugins' folder appears to be locked to prevent changes. Can anybody tell me what is the simplest way to get temporary write/modify access to it in OS X?

++Update++

Logging in as root allowed me to install the hotfix - I'm sure there's a better way but such is life.

I think I now have it working, though it took some fiddling in Reaper. The AU version still won't remember, but with the VST version this seems to work:

set the plug-in to use 'Save state as VST bank (Default)'. This apparently creates a local copy of the bank which is loaded with the plugin. It doesn't over-writen the factory bank or add-on banks as I had feared. This option is found under the little '+' button in Reaper's FX chain window under 'compatibility'.

Now hopefully I can make some music! I'm quite excited..
Last edited by Nomoon on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tick wrote:Actually, I have a hotfix ready. Get it here.
Is that in the standard download installer .exe files ? Or should we download the hotfix too?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Is that in the standard download installer .exe files ? Or should we download the hotfix too?
No it's not in the standard installer yet. I'll probably release a 2.11 update after the audioMIDI sale.

'Tick

Thanks for the fix.

Really enjoying Rhino.

It also seems to be a problem with Logic 9.1.5 (can't save presets) and I have the 2.10 version that I just installed via the audioMidi deal...

PS:Oh the hotfix is a separate version from 2.10 :-). Installed that one that fixed the version. Didn't install the hotfix earlier as it had the same version number as the installed version. Note, version numbers are cheap, call it 2.11 or something similar to separate it from the 2.10 installed version.

Thanks so much for the quick fix!!! Great support! :D

seem that i have the same problem with orion, will try the fix tonight

it's ok,
btw the preset bundle is my greatest present for 2011

Well, spread the word :)

Return to “Big Tick”