A free Round Robin Sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I'm looking for a free Round Robin sampler.

I've tried sfz.
Nice format and player, but to much hazel making a sampled instrument with it.

So, do you know about anything?

vst

Thanks!

The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Thanks!

But, a sampler I can use to build lets say a snare, with:

- Round Robin
- Velocity Layers

I would suggest looking into Linuxsampler. It has a graphical sample editor, and handles .gig and .sfz files. It's getting pretty good too. I played with it a little while ago, and was very impressed. I think it is going to stay in my "keep" folder. :-)

--Sean

audiojunkie wrote:I would suggest looking into Linuxsampler. It has a graphical sample editor, and handles .gig and .sfz files. It's getting pretty good too. I played with it a little while ago, and was very impressed. I think it is going to stay in my "keep" folder. :-)

--Sean
Well, tried ut with sf2 and gig. Just errors and hang.
Looks very promising though.
Couldn't se an interface for building an interface. Did I miss it?

G-Sun wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:I would suggest looking into Linuxsampler. It has a graphical sample editor, and handles .gig and .sfz files. It's getting pretty good too. I played with it a little while ago, and was very impressed. I think it is going to stay in my "keep" folder. :-)

--Sean
Well, tried ut with sf2 and gig. Just errors and hang.
Looks very promising though.
Couldn't se an interface for building an interface. Did I miss it?
You may have missed it. The interface is separate from the actual engine. This can be seen as both good AND bad. For those who are used to throwing a .DLL into a folder and going, it may be confusing at first, because there is more than one install. You install the engine and choose the interface you want (there are more than one to choose from --which may be seen as a good thing).

Supposedly it supports .GIG pretty solidly. I got it to try to use a couple of .GIG files that wouldn't convert correctly for me into SFZ format. It ran those instruments great (better than anything else I've found).

As for sf2, as you mentioned above.... it doesn't support Soundfont format AFAIK, but is instead supporting the superior SFZ format. It is easy to get the two confused because of the similarity in spelling. SFZ support is not as far along as .GIG support, but the development on this app is very much alive, and their SFZ documentation appears to be better and more complete than just about any place else. I hold high hopes for this app. :-)

--Sean

Ok, thanks Sean!
Yes, looks very promising.

But for me it looked like all the components was in the windows-installer.
Isn't that true?

It supports SF2 and SFZ ;)

G-Sun wrote:Ok, thanks Sean!
Yes, looks very promising.

But for me it looked like all the components was in the windows-installer.
Isn't that true?
You appear to be correct. After you mentioned it, I went back and checked. It seems to be an all-in-one installer for windows. I must have forgotten (I'm getting old). I know there are several front ends to choose from, and was under the belief that these were separate, but apparently not..... :oops:

--Sean
Last edited by audiojunkie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

gpunk wrote:It supports SF2 and SFZ ;)
....I really worry about my mind. I don't know where it's been, but it doesn't appear to have been with me lately.... :oops:

You are correct. SF2 and SFZ both have partial implementation. :dog:

On a side note, I've joked with my co-workers that I think I may be getting Alzheimers disease or some other senile dementia, because I'm always forgetting things lately. One even left an Alzheimer's pamphlet on my desk. My grandmother has Alzheimers, and it apparently runs in my family, so....who knows?

On a more positive note, I DO know of a couple of benefits of Alzheimers disease:

1. You get to hide your own Easter eggs.
2. You get to meet new and interesting people every day. :P

--Sean

Return to “Instruments”