SonicBirth under 10.7 Lion

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just upgraded to Lion, and neither SonicBirth 1.3.0 nor any plugins I made with it work under OS 10.7.2. Kewl posted previously that it works under Lion. Am I missing something? Thanks, Dan

Be sure to use the latest (last?...) version of SB:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

And re-export all your plug-ins.

Kewl wrote:Be sure to use the latest (last?...) version of SB:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

And re-export all your plug-ins.
Thanks, Kewl :D :D :D

I have today that despite being late to the party, I was excited to discover SB.
Sadly, I'm having no luck getting the (most recent?) beta to open in Lion 10.7.2 :-(

I've installed it and when I attempt to launch the program it bounces in the dock and then fails. I've checked and all of the framework seems to be in the right place. Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers,
C

I've just tried it on a Mac mini with 10.7.2 and it works. Re-install with an admin account?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I too am new to sonic birth. I installed and run it under Lion with no problems at all. When it installed, did it ask you to enter an administrative account password? Is your user account you are installing from an admin account? If not, change it in system preferences under Users & Groups, or when prompted for a username / password when installing, change the username to an admin user and enter an admin password.

If you do this and you're still having trouble, open a terminal window (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and do the following

Code: Select all (#)

cd /Applications
sudo chmod -R 755 SonicBirth
I think your problem is likely to be permissions-based. If it's still continuing, perhaps it is missing a necessary component. You should open the console (Applications > Utilities > Console), then launch SonicBirth and look in the console to see if you can find what's keeping SonicBirth from launching.

I hope this helps!

Return to “SonicBirth”