Crackling sounds playing instruments

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, so i looked for advice on Linuxquestions.org, but so far in about 24 answers the only response has been "disable pulse audio" which i tried, and it didnt work.

The symptoms i'm having are a crackling sound as i play an instrument. I'm using Ubuntu 11.10(?) 64 bit. The odd bit about it is that it's NOT being exported to a file if i record the song and play it in windows (have forgotten to play it in linux, will do that as soon as i finish this post)

The best i can describe the crackling is as sort of the sound you might get from a record player with some light scratches on it.

Edit to add:Checked the mp3 file in linux as well, and the crackling doesnt play that way either, which leads me to believe it's not a driver issue within linux

Well, I'm not one of the devs so I'm not to sure of the current state of play. I do know that this was a known problem with the early 2.4 versions.

Do you know how to get the latest build from git? That will probably be a lot better.

However, before doing that, have you tried any other synths? If they also have issues it might be something to do with the way your machine is set up.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”