Kong Audio Announced Chinee Orchestra, the First Complete Chinese Orchestra Library

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kong Audio Announced Chinee Orchestra, the first complete Chinese orchestra library, a one-stop solution for need that has never been fulfilled until now.

At Music China Expo 2011 in Shanghai, Kong Audio Software Technology announced and demoed the upcoming box set product: Chinee Orchestra. Chinee Orchestra contains 23 instruments that covers the complete instrument list of the modern Chinese orchestra arrangement and it will be powered by QIN engine for Windows developed in-house by Kong Audio. This is the first ever complete Chinese orchestra setup in the soundware industry.

From its very conception, Chinee Orchestra is designed to meet the genuine Chinese native composers' needs of a true-to-the-culture set of classic Chinese instruments that are proper for the professional standard. Kong Audio, having been developing Chinee Series since 2005 and have won many praises through out the world, have packed up everything in the Chinese Series, added new instruments, updated some instruments with brand-new recordings, molded everything into the powerful QIN engine, and finally, a solid, polished, easy-to-use, authentic sound from China emerges. A go-to tool for the daily work, is here.

Chinee Orcvhestra comprises 23 instruments, including: ChineeWinds, ChineeKong V3, ChineeErhu and ChineeErhu II, ChineeNanxiao, ChineeGuzheng II, ChineePipa, Matouqin, ChineeSuona,ChineeGuanzi, ChineeSheng, ChineeYangqin, ChineeHulusi, ChineeGuQin, ChineeLiuQin, ChineeSanXian. ChineeRuan, ChineeJinHu, ChineeZhongHu, ChineeGaoHu, ChineeBanHu, ChineeXun, ChineeBaWu.

The box set of Chinee Orchestra will be officially available in December. The retail price is to be announced.
Last edited by sosayweall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

sounds great. Will there be a possibility to upgrade if I already have about 2/3 of those instruments or can some of the new instruments be purchased separately (was waiting for the Ruan since a long time...)? Will there be a common interface where you can choose and combine different instruments or does it still work with separate interfaces for each instruments as before?

In any case I am curious, great that you even thought about the Xun.

regards,
Rolf

Hi Rolf,
Will there be a possibility to upgrade if I already have about 2/3 of those instruments or can some of the new instruments be purchased separately (was waiting for the Ruan since a long time...)?
Yes.

Can't answer the other question at the moment.

BTW, Xun is so fun. You guys will love it. It should be a very good tool for scoring as well, given its eerie sound.

Sounds pretty cool!

Hopefully the price is going to be affordable :)

Good luck!

I have seen the video report and some images....
The setup of the new software looked quite different.
Perhaps you could share some screenshots of the new interface if there really is a new interface?
I'm pretty curious what i missed out... (travelling to China is not an easy option for many)

Hi,

Will we be able to purchase the Chinee Orchestra in sections?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Awesome! And... awesome!
Follow me on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/ma-simon
"In the begining there was nothing, and it exploded." ~Terry Pratchett, (on the big bang theory)~

Hi guys

@lbsl,

Actually, there was no "new" interface per se to speak of in the clips/pictures. Our QIN v2.0 didn't make it to the tradeshow, hence we use QIN v1.0 as the engine to power the versions we showed at Music China. But QIN v2.0 is coming along as we speak. QIN v2.0 will be a free upgrade to all existing customers.

We'll upload an interview clip shot at the fair soon, in which Shan would demonstrate some new instruments.

@ben_horwood,

There will be no sections in this boxset release.

sosayweall wrote:@ben_horwood,

There will be no sections in this boxset release.
That's a shame. :(
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Indeed it is very very sad. I m in a production of a chinese inspired New-Age CD and what is missing all around are: sections. Specially tremolo sections, which can nowhere be found. And just to layer several single tremolo instruments did not do the trick unfortunately, it sounds artificial.
Somehow I had hoped that Kong might add this in the orchestra bundle.

您好!
Happy New Year of the Dragon!

Any news for the release?

Waiting impatiently :(

cheers,
Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Can't really say a definite date, but it's coming...

... and we are still waiting eagerly!!

Any news for us?

Greetings out of europe!
Rüdiger

xd37076 wrote:... and we are still waiting eagerly!!

Any news for us?

Greetings out of europe!
Rüdiger
We are finally reaching the finish line. Just wait a tad longer till we have it polished a bit. :)

sosayweall wrote: We are finally reaching the finish line. Just wait a tad longer till we have it polished a bit. :)
Don't rush too hard..., you might sore feet :wink:

Return to “Kong Audio”