String ... as hardware

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it doesn't actually exist, but I thought some String fans may get a kick out of this. Achim Ortmann has given me permission to re-post his concept render for a dedicated String hardware unit.

And as you can probably tell by the wood trim, it sounds significantly more analogue that the software version! :) Although bearing in mind the last hardware analogue synth I built exploded its battery (literally), I think it's best for everyone if I stick to developing software for now.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Looks cool Colin... is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?

Nice! I'd buy one. :D.

I did not know, you've built hardware. Cool!

I'm working on my first circuit bending project over the next few weeks and want to build some experimental electronic instruments as well.

taoyoyo wrote:is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?
No, I don't think so; this is just concept art, rather than the initial stage of an actual hardware controller. It'd certainly be an interesting project to tackle if I had the time: my calendar unfortunately tells me otherwise.
abstractcats wrote:I'm working on my first circuit bending project over the next few weeks and want to build some experimental electronic instruments as well.
If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yeah I'd get one! "Free upgrade" with String, right? :D
Stephen

CPB wrote: If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.
I have not seen this! Thanks! Did just a soldering iron! :D

very very coooool!! :wink:

abstractcats wrote:
CPB wrote: If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.
I have not seen this! Thanks! Did just a soldering iron! :D
Oops! ...just *got* a... :oops:

CPB wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?
No, I don't think so; this is just concept art, rather than the initial stage of an actual hardware controller. It'd certainly be an interesting project to tackle if I had the time: my calendar unfortunately tells me otherwise.
... Gotcha, wasn't sure if it was going to go any further than conceptual (and that other guy has done some phenomenal work), nice work anyway! :)

Hell ya! that would be some nice hardware. love the comment about being more analog sounding due to the wooden sides. lol

Return to “Loomer”