Brainworx Vertigo VSC-2 is released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arrrrrrgh… video introduction not working!

This one of the real unit is quite impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wppmyve ... re=related

249 €/348 $ List Price, with an intro offer @ 20% off for new customers, and 35% off for existing customer (ending Nov 30).

Interesting!

edit: 50% off for "bx_ALL Bundle" customers (ends Nov 30 too).
Alexis

Thought this was an update to discoDSP Vertigo for a minute - bit close namewise isn't it?

Oh i bet its really good but luckily for the sake of thy wallet i am not after a compressor :phew:

Thanks for the heads up and video link chaps :tu:

Dean

@l3x!5 wrote:Arrrrrrgh… video introduction not working!

This one of the real unit is quite impressive:
Thanx for posting this. Very impressive. Gotta check the demo.

Last edited by dalor on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowbells!

It's darn impressive. I'm beginning to think that Michael Massberg is the master ninja of DSP coding. He is clearly a genius when it comes to coding.

Been messing with the demo a while and indeed it does seem to sound like the hardware. Though, to be fair, I've only tried the hardware on various trade shows, never in the studio but it does seem to have that same glue and tone. The auto-release seems to work exactly like I remember it.

I haven't tried driving it yet to see how it sounds then but at typical normal levels (around -6dBFS peak, perhaps -24 to -18 dBFS RMS?) it seems to impart a subtle thickening of the tone just like the hardware.

Anybody put it through Christian Budde's analyzer yet? Am I imagining things? :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:It's darn impressive. I'm beginning to think that Michael Massberg is the master ninja of DSP coding. He is clearly a genius when it comes to coding.
bManic
indeed it look like it

bmanic wrote:I haven't tried driving it yet to see how it sounds then but at typical normal levels (around -6dBFS peak, perhaps -24 to -18 dBFS RMS?) it seems to impart a subtle thickening of the tone just like the hardware.
I don't know the hardware at all, but what you describe is exactly what I'm hearing (gentle compression on a bit of Orange Tree Acoustic Guitar).
It just sounds right: a nice, natural presence.

And as it seems, even my crappy voice sounds pretty after what any sane individual would consider a ridiculous amount of gain reduction (sorry, no audio :hihi:).

I also had a lot of fun with it on ForgottenKeys' Roland CR-78 :love:

That's the first time I like a compressor that much.

Now I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna come with 189,21 € before the end of the month :cry:
Alexis

@l3x!5 wrote:.

Now I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna come with 189,21 € before the end of the month :cry:
I can't predict the future but Brainworx are not strangers to 40/50% deals around Xmas. They have done a countdown sale a few times now

Sounds awesome and also impressive is how low it's on cpu ... Some wizardry going on there for sure! Damn I just bought Softube Summit compressor (sounds great too) and now this one comes around .. Might have to shell out again!!!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Is it x64? No word on the homepage.

Liero wrote:Is it x64? No word on the homepage.
The whole plug-in line will be updated to x64 on January the 2d.
Free for this one (fee to be determined for the others).
Alexis

Gamma-UT wrote:I can't predict the future but Brainworx are not strangers to 40/50% deals around Xmas. They have done a countdown sale a few times now
Thing is they just had a major update sale… And with the 20-35-50% off already I'm not sure they will discount that same plug-in again so soon. Well I guess I'll be eating some pastas and take my chances because the more I try it the more I love it :lol:
Alexis

Must totally admitt it, the modelled Vertigo VSC-2 is definatley one of the finest i have tried (could not bloody well help myself, Works in pretty much any situation for my needs and a breeze to use/apply and backed up with 100% confidence). Thankfully i do not have to have it but i would snap it up if money were more plentiful at the moment. Toontrack dropping the Metal Machine EZX is the thing i have to have as soon as i can do.

Gamma-UT - I hope so my friend/would probably jump in for a license then and yes Dirk is a really good chap in that respect. Hears hoping in my case anyway :tu:

All the best

Dean

Return to “Effects”