M4 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New M4 steps forward.

Although M4 is not yet what i call 'finished', everything that was planned to be in M4 is ready :)

And even though there still is some work to be done (optimizations, bug fixing, polishing, skinning, docs & tutorials, ...) i think M4 is has reached the point where it's worth testing-running it. Ok, no nonsense, M4 already is big fun! :party:

Regular members of this MUTOOLS forum who are experienced in test-running a fresh new version can already get an M4 preview by emailing me.

A full public test version can be expected in about 2-3 weeks.

Cheers!

I am the first...

Check e-mail 8)

Trancit

And the second :)

Thx for this preview !

I do hope that MULAB4 now is userfriendly (AND THE NOOB ISSUE IS SOLVED) as it can be for new users
- easy soundselection and play..!

As first time user you are curious! : how does MULAB sounds?
As i can see it now M4 is accessible for noobs.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do see also that the concept of: "Choose a Target Module" from M3 is simplified (removed) in M4 and more..
Well in M4 you choose now a rack and a sound and that's it..simple.
Last edited by janamdo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Huge list of new stuff to digest! Hopefully I'll get to at least scratch the surface this weekend.

Thoid!

All I can say is : WOW... I already love this update, what a great work and it feels already very good and stable...
I've had only a few little issues but without any crash...

Jo, you're a very talented person. Thx very much for this great app.

Bonteburg wrote:Thoid!
What does 'thoid' mean?

Trancit wrote:All I can say is : WOW... I already love this update, what a great work and it feels already very good and stable...
I've had only a few little issues but without any crash...
Thanks for your feedback!

Which little issues did you have?

It is possible to make a new envelop sequenze now in the composingscreen as a rack track, but is it not better to organize this envelope tracks as a subtrack to get a division of note data and controller data in the composingscreen ?

So when i than made a envelope track.. mulab adds a subtrack.

mutools wrote:
What does 'thoid' mean?
Sorry, I was trying to do that Bugs Bunny New York Thing.

It means 'third' which is to say I'm in for the preview.

:D

Bonteburg wrote:
mutools wrote:
What does 'thoid' mean?
Sorry, I was trying to do that Bugs Bunny New York Thing.

It means 'third' which is to say I'm in for the preview.

:D
Me too, but not sure if I'm frequent forum visiter enough. I do own an M3 license though :D

mutools wrote: Which little issues did you have?
Perhaps is a user error, but even then, it should not happen:

I opened MuDrum, loaded a kick sample and experimented with the effect slots in the left corner below...

I tried to load Aux Rack 1 (even, if I don't know exactly, what this do, but I guessed it sends the signal to the second "rack" in MuDrum)...

I hit a key(C3 for triggering the first drumpad) and got a very loud DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDDR..., which I could only stopped by choosing panic (rightclick on the start button)...the level meter in the main rack was full red...

I guess, this shouldn't happen...

Next thing (only a little one): I tried to make a new composition and had to search quite a lot, because I thought it should have been in the new "MUSESSION" menu (the big button on top), where I found "select composition" and "select next composition"...I tried a lot to create a new one with the "select composition" command, before I found "Add new composition" in the composer rightclick menu...

For me personally, "add new composition" belongs as well into the new MUSESSION menu, where I've searched it all the time...

Trancit

One other thing:

It's a good thing to have more LFO shapes, but stepping through them only by mouse click and only one direction is a little bit messy...
Don't know if it would be much effort to make a popup list, from which I can choose...

At least to be able to move backwards by rightclick should be possible...

Trancit

Hi Trancit,

Your "DRDRDR.." thing is most probably a looped sample. Look at the right below the sample if it says "Forward". If yes, set it to "No Loop".
Mulab recognizes loops in samples.

The racks below the pads work like this:
The 1st is the main rack. The other 3 AUX racks send their signal into the main rack. The two top slots are inserts and the bottom two are sends (react on the level set on the volume above the slots).
Example: Only the snare gets reverb. Grab the connection line below the snare pad and connect it to the second rack (AUX Rack 1). Put a Send to AUX Rack 3 in the 3rd slot of this AUX Rack 1. Setup a reverb in the first slot in the last rack (AUX Rack 3). Set levels as required.

Compositions and sessions:
Compositions have their own tracks but use the same racks.
Sessions have their own tracks and racks.
If you want to have 2 songs open at the same time I would use 2 sessions. When the 1st session is open, get back to the small window that opens when you start M4. Click "Open Session" again and load you second song.
Both sessions will be active, but only the one 'in front' will react to transport and will play.
If your sessions take a lot of cpu, you might Offline the session not used by right click the Play button and select "Process on/off". The session will now be inactive and the transport will say "Offline".
In M4 you now can drag/drop (which is a move!) or copy/paste any sequence/part/rack/slot between sessions!

About the LFO click through, I guess you have done this in MuSynth. Double click on the word "F-LFO" or "P-LFO", which opens the LFO module and you get at least a back and forth button. You can actually click on all headers to open the full module.

I hope that helps.

Andreas

Return to “MUTOOLS”