DIVA (not) missing automatable parameters

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow I didn't know this about the qwerty assignment.
A couple of years ago I asked Novation if they could implement a way of switching pages using the drum pad keys (given that these are basically useless).
I can assign page up and down commands to the pads and it works nearly as well(except for the fact the pads sent a note - got to work out if I can turn that off).

Great tip!! Thanks for that.

In terms of mapping Diva, I have set up a page for each type of synth that is emulated:
page1 - moog
page2 - jupiter
page3 - ms20

and so on

that way if I have swapped out modules to something outside of the synth model I know which page to go to to edit just that paramater.
Obviously things like the envelopes and the filters crossover so that at least results in a little less paging.

grr scratch that. Page up and down selections dont work remotely - ie you have to have the automap windown actually selected which doesn't even work by command - tabbing. You have to physically select the automap window with the mouse
Still faster to hit the page up down buttons on the controller.

Just a quick bump in case Urs missed this question in all the automap talk:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Hey Urs, not to push you, I know your'e busy, but can you confirm that the following will all eventually be available as automation parameters?:
-Switches (like sync or osc mod switches in tripleosc)
-Types selectors( like the filter revisions 1 and 2 or the jupiter triangle)
-Buttons (like waveform buttons on the Jupiter style oscs)
-LFO controls
-Mod destinations/sources
-Module selector menu?

I'm pretty sure ACE has everything available so I'm hopeful for DIVA.

If so I will hand over the money immediately! :) I will also provide an automap template when it's ready. And I'll bet amused will make a Kore template as well.
:D

That reminds me - I made a simple Kore template so I could make a better start on sound design - I'll post it tomorrow, off to bed soon and laptop switched off

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just a quick bump in case Urs missed this question in all the automap talk:
Hey Urs, not to push you, I know your'e busy, but can you confirm that the following will all eventually be available as automation parameters?:
-LFO controls
-Module selector menu?

If so I will hand over the money immediately! :) I will also provide an automap template when it's ready. And I'll bet amused will make a Kore template as well.
I'll just say, we'll try to expose as many parameters to the host as we can, probably all. We just haven't got there yet, and we need t think about something to keep it clean, i.e. not mess up any other plugins by unthoughtful changes.

(I haven't read all of this thread today, we were busy with fixing stuff despite hang overs :oops: )

Urs wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just a quick bump in case Urs missed this question in all the automap talk:
-LFO controls
-Module selector menu?

I'll just say, we'll try to expose as many parameters to the host as we can, probably all. We just haven't got there yet, and we need t think about something to keep it clean, i.e. not mess up any other plugins by unthoughtful changes.

(I haven't read all of this thread today, we were busy with fixing stuff despite hang overs :oops: )
Thanks! And no need to read the rest of the thread. We were just babbling on about off-topic automap stuff. :)

Hi- Just wanted to bump this thread. Really loving DIVA's sound quality. Urs, you really have the only game in town right now! No surprise Hans Z is a big fan.

Please, please, please can you add in the 'missing' synth parameters to the 'midi learn' / 'midi unlearn' right click.

I have some great reMote SL patches for the various combinations of OSC/Filter etc that I use and would love to complete them, but i'm thwarted by the absence of the learn function. Mainly it's switches (eg Dual VCO waveshape on/off and Sync) and things like FX on/off.

Once you start using a control surface to program sounds the whole process becomes entirely more visceral (as it should be) and having to reach for the trackball is kind of a drag... It's also the only thing that really reminds me that DIVA isn't hardware (except when it brings my 8 core to its knees)

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm pretty sure ACE has everything available so I'm hopeful for DIVA.
ACE has *almost* everything, some of the switches (particularly the LFO-related ones) are not hooked up. The full story is here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=324837

Even with these (minor) omissions ACE is pretty close to ideal for remote control.

In2Space wrote:Hi- Just wanted to bump this thread. Really loving DIVA's sound quality. Urs, you really have the only game in town right now! No surprise Hans Z is a big fan.

Please, please, please can you add in the 'missing' synth parameters to the 'midi learn' / 'midi unlearn' right click.

I have some great reMote SL patches for the various combinations of OSC/Filter etc that I use and would love to complete them, but i'm thwarted by the absence of the learn function. Mainly it's switches (eg Dual VCO waveshape on/off and Sync) and things like FX on/off.

Once you start using a control surface to program sounds the whole process becomes entirely more visceral (as it should be) and having to reach for the trackball is kind of a drag... It's also the only thing that really reminds me that DIVA isn't hardware (except when it brings my 8 core to its knees)

Cheers and keep up the good work!
You have a Novation SL and you use Manual midi learn? You're not using the best feature! You should try automap, so much easier. Also, all the parameters are controllable from hardware that way for DIVA, inlcuding the FX on/off, Dual VCO waveshapes etc.

Yep, automap is working really well.
I only have utilised midi learn on my controller keyboard for LFO2 control ( and master volume and portamento speed) so that I have instant access to them always regardless of what 'page' I am on in Automap

Thanks for the heads up about Automap. I have tried it in the past with other synths, but always found it a bit of a dog.

Maybe it's improved since I last looked. Is the most recent version the best to try? Thanks for any advice you can give.

The most recent version is fine.
With Diva in particular Latch learn mode is essential as the naming isn't clear on all parameters (multiple parameters called Attack, Decay, etc)
You have to manually change the learn mode to 'latch' so that you can map multiple parameters

Cheers- I'll give it a whirl :)

Return to “u-he”