What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

linuxDSP MBC2B Multi-band compressor available

Official support for: linuxdsp.co.uk

Moderator: linuxdsp

KVRist

136 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Oxford, England

Postby linuxdsp; Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 am linuxDSP MBC2B Multi-band compressor available

The linuxDSP MBC2B multi-band compressor is now available. Based on the popular MBC2, the 2B adds channel Solo switches, allowing auditioning of individual compressor channels in isolation or in the context of other soloed channels.

The ability to solo channels also extends the processing options, to include filtering and deliberate special effects such as 'Telephone Voice'. The MBC2B is an extremely versatile processor, finding applications as a dynamic EQ, compressor, de-esser, and high / low frequency enhancer.

Innovative side-chain processing algorithms also reduce the CPU usage when compared to the MBC2.

If you have already purchased the MBC2 - either from the linuxDSP site or as part of a bundle, an upgrade to the MBC2B is available for a limited time.

Find out more, and download a free demo here:

http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk/download/lv2/download_mbc2b/index.html
KVRer

9 posts since 15 Nov, 2011

Postby geoff_sct; Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:04 am

Will the MBC2b be in the workstation plugins pack now? Also, would it be possible for a forum section for posting presets? I tend to learn a lot by using suggested starting points.
KVRist

Postby linuxdsp; Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 am

The workstation plugins pack contains the original MBC2 at present. The upgrade to the MBC2B is valid whether the MBC2 was / is purchased as part of a bundle or individually. There are plans to include the MBC2B in the plugins pack eventually, and this will most likely happen once the upgrade offer has lapsed. We are mindful of trying to arrange the migration to the MBC2B such that the pricing is fair whichever purchase path is chosen.
A forum section for presets is a good idea - I can't say if / when it will happen, but there is also the possibility of including some (free) example preset downloads at some point in the future.
KVRist

Postby linuxdsp; Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 am

UPDATE: The MBC2B is now included the Workstation Plugins Pack.

http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk/download/lv2/download_wpp/index.html
KVRer

9 posts since 15 Nov, 2011

Postby geoff_sct; Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 am

That's great. I just purchased my activation keys.
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Apr, 2011, from NY State, USA

Postby Ricardus; Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 am

I just got this as a gift and started using it. I really like it and can't wait to use it some more. All of the other multi-band comps I've used in the past (either plugs or real hardware) have been 3-band units, so this takes a little getting used to when choosing proper crossover points, but I love it.

Moderator: linuxdsp

Return to linuxDSP