FL's vst scan will not find/see the dll (ARP) Wrong thread location, sorry :-/

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm, just downloaded the demo, unzipped into the FLS vst folder and installed the dll in the vst folder, also tried just installing the dll in the FL vst folder and in the steinburg vst folder but FL's vst scan will not find/see the dll... :?

Did you get the v1.52 version?

I can verify it works in FL, it isn't the VST Plugin Folder write permission problem is it? In Vista and W7 if the VST Plugin folder is inside the Program Files Directory it needs to have write permission otherwise ARP can't extract the required files. That would explain this problem, easiest way is to make a folder elsewhere on your hard drive and then set it in the FL VST options.

Astralp wrote:Did you get the v1.52 version?

I can verify it works in FL, it isn't the VST Plugin Folder write permission problem is it? In Vista and W7 if the VST Plugin folder is inside the Program Files Directory it needs to have write permission otherwise ARP can't extract the required files. That would explain this problem, easiest way is to make a folder elsewhere on your hard drive and then set it in the FL VST options.
hmmm, I thought so. My system is all kinds of messed up I believe. I've been having BSOD crashes about every 8 times I close FLS. I just tried adding another dll and it wont find it either. :?

I'm going to try a system restore and if that does not work, since I installed W7 just over a year ago, I think its time to nuke my system and start fresh.
Thanks Andy :)

Oh blimey, I sympathize, haven't seen a BSOD for a long time, they were usually related to hardware conflicts in the past, might be worth checking out your IRQs to see if anything is sharing with your sound card.

Astralp wrote:Oh blimey, I sympathize, haven't seen a BSOD for a long time, they were usually related to hardware conflicts in the past, might be worth checking out your IRQs to see if anything is sharing with your sound card.
have not checked the IRQs yet, good idea. I have seen at least one person mention a ram issue and when it was changed, the problem went away. I did a system restore but it failed. But! I tried opening and closing FL repeatedly after this and the BSOD issue has not happened again, may be, something changed? Hmm. We'll see. I can try ARP now :D.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”