Arp - Not compatible with Live error

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grabbed the new arp 1.52, and it worked the first time around, but now each time i try to load it in live i always get an error saying this vst is not compatible with live. This is on win7x64 Ableton 8
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

working ok in v6 here

Strange... Did you delete the old folder first before installing?

Astralp wrote:Strange... Did you delete the old folder first before installing?
Not the first time, but I just deleted the whole folder and unpacked fresh and still the same thing

I am also having the same problems. :help:

Ableton Live 8.2.6 :cry:

I can't recreate it, it's working here 32-bit XP, are you on 64 W7 too plauto?

So just to be clear:

* It appears in the VST List inside Live and no problems are reported
* Dragging it to a track creates the error message.

Does the error message give any more info?
Is it with new projects, old projects or both?

Astralp wrote:So just to be clear:

* It appears in the VST List inside Live and no problems are reported
* Dragging it to a track creates the error message.

Does the error message give any more info?
Is it with new projects, old projects or both?
It shows up fine in the vst list

If i double click on it to automatically add it I get no errors, but live just does nothing. If I drag and drop it to a new track thats when I get the error. Theres no extra info, just 'Some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled. Please see below for details' and in the info box below it it just says 'VST "ARP": This VST Plug-in is not compatible with Live'

I dont currently have any old projects saved with arp in it so I cant try loading up an old one, all these tests are on a fresh new blank project. However one interesting thing, I loaded up an old project, one that did not have arp, and I could still add arp fine once to the old project. However once I closed down live, re-loaded that same old project which I did not save or make changes to, then I got that same error once again

Could you try the following:

* rescan the plugin folder
* if that doesn't work, apparently selecting an empty folder, as the VST Plugin folder, clicking ok, and then select your VST Plugin folder will completely clear the plugin cache.
* If all that fails, can you retry v1.4 to see if it still loads ok.

This has me puzzled, I can't think of anything added to v1.5 that could cause any problems. I will give this some time in the morning, I hate problems I can't create locally..

Astralp wrote:Could you try the following:

* rescan the plugin folder
* if that doesn't work, apparently selecting an empty folder, as the VST Plugin folder, clicking ok, and then select your VST Plugin folder will completely clear the plugin cache.
* If all that fails, can you retry v1.4 to see if it still loads ok.

This has me puzzled, I can't think of anything added to v1.5 that could cause any problems. I will give this some time in the morning, I hate problems I can't create locally..
I tried doing a rescan earlier, holding alt+rescan, and that worked fine but arp still failed to load. I just did the 2nd part, setting an empty folder then back to my original one. When it was rescanning that time live crashed. When I brought it back up it said it had encountered an error loading arp and gave the skip/rescan option on startup. I told it to re-scan it and it didnt crash that time but it still wouldnt load.

I dont have a backup of 1.4 anywhere, replaced my backup with 1.52. If you could send me 1.4 or put it back up for download in the accounts Ill give it a shot

-Edit

Just saw you post up 1.4. At first it wouldnt load either but it wouldnt even show up in a scan. I had to move it up a few dirs, usually I keep all my vst's in one dir and then since ableton can follow shortcuts I keep an organized dir of shortcuts. I moved arp directly into my shortcuts dir without the HGSounds dir, and then it picked it up and i could load 1.4 over and over.

Tried the same with 1.52 and that still failed to load

OK, thanks for trying, I've put v1.4 back on the site.

Can you see if a crash report is generated in the Live directory it should be named something like:

"Ableton Crash Report... .alp"

You can also generate a status report:

choosing "Get Support.." in Live's Help menu produces a file named "Ableton Status Report... .alp".

You can send them to me via email if you want. I'm just about to go to bed and so will continue to investigate tomorrow.

Andy

Ok, Since live isnt actually crashing, just failing to load, Im not getting a crash report, but I do have a generated status report. Just didnt see an email on your site, only an email form, so I wasnt sure where to send it. Also after trying to open the status report, just wanted to take a look being a software dev myself, and I couldnt, arp then started loading again. So I figured Id just see how many times I could re-open it, after about 5 I got the 'live has had a serious error' dialog and live shut down. After that I cant open it again.
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've sent you a PM

I've added a 1.5-beta to the files page, can you test this to see if it works? It is basically 1.4 with just a few of the changes enabled which should hopefully identify where the problem lies. I'm building a second beta now with more changes in case this one loads without problems.

OK, I've built 7 betas each progressively adding features, so I suggest trying beta1 and then beta7 if successful and then work backwards if it doesn't work. Note that these may not work as expected, they are only for identifying the loading problem.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”