A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted links in several threads at kvr, but I think it's time to make a special thread for this.

I programmed a small windows based tool called "Komplex - Term" which can read and write WT files for the Terratec Komplexer. Further you can render it's wavetables to wave format, so you can use it in your Wusikstation, VAZ Modular, Reaktor... . It also offers wave file resynthesis and some editing functions like reordering slices, drawing spectra, a free formant filter (similar to the kawai k5000)and so on. I wrote a short manual, but please excuse my poor english. :D

Download: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/26 ... x-Term.zip

Some screenshots:

I hope you find it useful! :)

Is it possible to change the color scheme somehow? :D

Not yet, sorry. But it will be possible in a later version.

DELETED

Hi,

Komplex-Term 1:13 works perfectly. Great program. It makes a lot of fun to work with it. It can be constructed very nice wavetables for Komplexer.

maxxxter wrote:Reminds me of Fairlight, good job! :love:
The software is part of my MS DOS Transwave Term project, wich is controled via light pen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzO8av7d5Ms

maxxxter wrote:
And what is the actual purpose of this software?
It's a wavetable generator. I needed some speech wavetables in my Terratec Komplexer, so I sat down and wrote this little tool for my personal use. I thought someone else could find it useful... ;)

I really don't understand what this thing do exactly, but the screenshots are COOL. :hihi:

alvfaria wrote:I really don't understand what this thing do exactly, but the screenshots are COOL. :hihi:
Basically it does a very simplified fourier analysis/synthesis + some options to edit the spectral data and write them as audio wavetable or as *.wt file for the use in the Terratec Komplexer VSTi. :D

This is just Awesome! Been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank You much! 8) :tu:

Fantastic! Will give it a go. Thanks aplenty. :)
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

I am downloading this just because it is green. I LOVE GREEN!!!

Will see if it is useful for me as well...
-To get angry is to punish yourself with other people's mistakes.
-You use your ears, not your eyes to listen.
-If everyone is doing it, it must be stupid.

Cheers for the generosity!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Komplex - Term is now working perfectly with Wavelab. I copy 30 single cycle waveforms after the other and Komplex-Term make a wavetable of it. :tu:

Played with it a little bit. I like green color - reminds me C64 with "green colour monitor" :) and makes me calm :D

Overall I think that the GUI is well thought. I was able (without reading manual) create few random waveforms and turn them into wavetable :) Definitely an amazing tool for komplexer users. You can gather some great single cycle waveforms (ie. Galbanum) and have them in komplexer as a wavetable :)

If I were you, I would expand HARM(onic) tab. A possibility to draw custom waveform on screen (not as harmonics), maybe choose some predefined - square, saw, triangle etc. and some kind of operations ("round corners" etc.) would make Komplex Term also great tool for single cycle waveforms creator.

I remember that few months ago I needed some single cycle waveforms and I had trouble finding some decent generator. I ended up with ... Z3TA (it can export waveforms as wav) and ... MilkyTracker - a tracker software with some nice single cycle waveform creation features.

For Largo or PPG 3.V that would be very interesting.

Return to “Soundware”