Steinberg Re-releases two classic VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just in case you did not hear....

http://www.steinberg.net/de/newsandeven ... -1776.html

Cheers :hihi:
Last edited by Northwood Mediaworks on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___
Join Us at The Forest Forum
Robin - NorthWood MediaWorks - lurking at KVR since 2007 - sequencing since 1984

Antique VSTi's Awesome

Holy crap there's a 64 bit version of Model E (Diva faces stiff competition)

Hah! Funny... Model-E was the very first VSTi I owned! Kinda want to give it a try again. :lol:

I never owned it but I bought the NI Pro 5 which came out roughly at the same time (well slightly after, Model E was really the first commercial softsynth) - I still have the classic copy of Computer Music that has the original product reviews of them both side by side.

Whoa... memories....

That Model-E is multitimbral.... 16 MIDI channels in one instance. You can build a complete song with one VSTi... I wish more developers made their instruments this way.

Nice surprise! Thanks for the heads up :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Interesting! How well does the sound stand up to modern-day plugins...even free ones? Is it worth spending the time to download them?

--Sean

audiojunkie wrote:Interesting! How well does the sound stand up to modern-day plugins...even free ones? Is it worth spending the time to download them?

--Sean
Not really, but I did anyway. Sure is easy on the cpu :lol:

They sound like crap, no competition to todays free vst sector.

:lol: Cool!

--Sean

So are these free now or are the updates for paying customers of the VSTi's in question?
Play it by ear

As I understand it, they have been set free... but I've just been informed that they were already pretty tame to begin with. ;-)

--Sean

These are so old and not even relevant. I think the only reason they've done this is to catch other cracked Steinberg stuff. (My paranoia)

Here's hoping they'll set free other, more recent, discontinued vsts.

D'cota anyone?

Dham... When I saw the VB 1... I really thought that they went ahead and re-introduced Virtual Bassist...
:?

Maybe that's what their engineers should spend their free time working on.. :cry:
Last edited by Rajah on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”