Aly James announces Bite Crusha guitar vst beta free download

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well here's an issue possibly . I downloaded the .rar file earlier today, and scanned it with my antivirus program. It came back as "clean". Just now I was going to extract it, my extraction software alerted me that the file was encrypted and I was prompted for a password. In all the years I have been downloading plugins I have never once been prompted for a password.

The password it seems is listn.to/alyjamessound. That was just kind of a RED FLAG for me, I didn't continue.

Any thoughts on this? If I were to install this plugin is it going to hijack my computer, lock it on the Aly James Facebook Player or something?

I don't know, maybe someone else has an idea or has already installed this?
I'm not making any accusations here or anything, it just seems really bizzare to me. :oops:

Sorry if this sounds overly paranoid, but I can't afford to lose my machine.
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

I got stuck on the DL page. Biggest mass of advertising I've ever had to weed through to DL anything. I'll pass until someone comes back and says this thing is great.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Yup,me too I guess. Too Bad i was looking forward to checking out the Sample and Hold part of that plugin. Oh Well.
:shrug:

jdt wrote:Well here's an issue possibly . I downloaded the .rar file earlier today, and scanned it with my antivirus program. It came back as "clean". Just now I was going to extract it, my extraction software alerted me that the file was encrypted and I was prompted for a password. In all the years I have been downloading plugins I have never once been prompted for a password.

The password it seems is listn.to/alyjamessound. That was just kind of a RED FLAG for me, I didn't continue.

Any thoughts on this? If I were to install this plugin is it going to hijack my computer, lock it on the Aly James Facebook Player or something?

I'm not making any accusations here or anything, it just seems really bizzare to me. :oops:

humm...Overly paranoid ! ;p it is just a .rar archive encrypted with a password...common lol and remember it is beta and free. simple isn't it ? ...for all you non geek producers the password is listn.to/alyjamesound.

So First you have to like the page then go under the exclusive tab write down the password writing clearly on the picture of the plugin and clic the image to download the .rar archive on filesonic. then extract with the password ^^

I first made this baby for my personal use but Final version should be more easy to get tho ;p so for those who don't wanna get the beta this way, you can wait 2012.
Still lmao the hijacking lock on player thing ^^ peace !

eidenk wrote:
No_Use wrote:I don't like Facebook, will never make an account there so I'll also have to pass on this plugin.
Same. :wink:
+2 :wink:

Aly James wrote:
jdt wrote:Well here's an issue possibly . I downloaded the .rar file earlier today, and scanned it with my antivirus program. It came back as "clean". Just now I was going to extract it, my extraction software alerted me that the file was encrypted and I was prompted for a password. In all the years I have been downloading plugins I have never once been prompted for a password.

humm...Overly paranoid ! ;p it is just a .rar archive encrypted with a password...common lol and remember it is beta and free. simple isn't it ? ...for all you non geek producers the password is listn.to/alyjamesound.

So First you have to like the page then go under the exclusive tab write down the password writing clearly on the picture of the plugin and clic the image to download the .rar archive on filesonic. then extract with the password ^^

I first made this baby for my personal use but Final version should be more easy to get tho ;p so for those who don't wanna get the beta this way, you can wait 2012.
Well, better safe than sorry! :P
Stranger things have happened!

And pertaining to the statement made about encryption and passwords being "common" I'd have to disagree. After downloading over 900 plugins and being a Beta tester for numerous DAWs, instruments and non-music software as well, it is the first time I have EVER run across the need to enter a password to unzip any type of file in order to install software. Registering to unlock it or entering a serial number once installed yes, password to unzip, no. In my experience that would make it UNCOMMON. 8)

Still, it looks like an interesting plugin, and the music on your site is extremely well produced. :wink:

(damn, I shouldn't type so early in the morning, I think I had to edit this post like 10 times!)

twangster wrote:
eidenk wrote:
No_Use wrote:I don't like Facebook, will never make an account there so I'll also have to pass on this plugin.
Same. :wink:
+2 :wink:
+3

jdt wrote:
And pertaining to the statement made about encryption and passwords being "common" I'd have to disagree. After downloading over 900 plugins and being a Beta tester for numerous DAWs, instruments and non-music software as well, it is the first time I have EVER run across the need to enter a password to unzip any type of file in order to install software. Registering to unlock it or entering a serial number once installed yes, password to unzip, no. In my experience that would make it UNCOMMON. 8)

Still, it looks like an interesting plugin, and the music on your site is extremely well produced. :wink:

(damn, I shouldn't type so early in the morning, I think I had to edit this post like 10 times!)
So I guess it makes the encryption thang...a prime...I like it ! ^^
I hope you feel it is safe now ;p

(by the way: to never type early in the morning :hihi: )

can this be used on 64 bit systems?

Anyone ran some tests with this nice looking plug already?

Anyway i'm also spoiled by developers with direct links to their plugins so before i go through all the hassle with facebook i need some encouragement / incentives.

Thank you very much. :D

To all the Facebook haterz, I'm with you but as has been suggested just set up a fake account for this kind of stuff. I have fake emails, fake facebook accounts, fake twitter accounts etc for this kind of thing. Guess what? I'm not really called chuck death either... :hihi:

chuck death wrote:Thank you very much. :D

Guess what? I'm not really called chuck death either... :hihi:
Say it ain't so! Now I just don't know anybody anymore! :cry:

Did you try this plugin, person we used to think was chuck death? :hihi:

jdt wrote:Did you try this plugin, person we used to think was chuck death? :hihi:
It sounds good* especially the sample and hold but it's a bit weird in use! The knobs appear to be ovals and they also move too quickly? The GUI although very pretty is not well laid out, it's sometimes difficult to work out what's affecting what. Some of the controls seem to do very little or have no effect too?

To be fair, I haven't tested much, it's a beta and I haven't read the manual... so not everything may be the plugins fault! :lol:

*or bad. Depends on whether you like digital nastiness or not. I do. :)

WELL, there we have it folks! The first person in this thread to download, install and test Aly's plugin he so genourously offerd to the masses. Thank you person that we used to think was chuck death! Thank you. :tu: :drunk: :clap:

And not only that, but the plugin feature I was most interested in is "sounds good". Cool, cool. :tu:

Here's another :?: for Aly James, when he checks back that is...
You said that this plugin will be released in 2012, non-beta. Any idea when approximately and what it will cost? Oh, and is the beta a timed out thing or if I get used to it will it still function...forever ? :pray:

Sorry I guess that's two questions. :dog:
:wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:

jdt wrote:WELL, there we have it folks! The first person in this thread to download, install and test Aly's plugin he so genourously offerd to the masses. Thank you person that we used to think was chuck death! Thank you.
No problem!

I just went to read the pdf in the download and found it's not a manual, It's instructions on how to download... inside the download? :?

I think Aly's screwing with my mind. :lol:

Return to “Effects”