Alchemistry Metallurgy Version 2 released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just updated my sound library Alchemistry Metallurgy to version 2.0:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Z2cQJCWyc

Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first library in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. First released in late 2011, I updated this library in February 2014 adding 1.25 GB of samples, mainly from my library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive plus 300 MB of new bell samples.

This library now contains 84 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.

All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.

Alchemistry Metallurgy Specs:
  • 3.07 GB of original samples

Instruments:
    *China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten - multisampled and Round Robin

*Glockenspiel multisampled 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples / 386,7 MB)

*Vibraphone multisampled, bowed and beaten

*2 microtonal handheld bell trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures

*8 Thai Gongs multisampled with up to 8x Round Robin and 4 velocity layers, +texural samples

*Thai Ching Bells - 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers

*Tam Tam 45 cm - beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed with Rubberballs

*Three multisampled singing bowls, 3 velocity layers, 3x round robin and sustained sounds made by rubbing the bowl with the beater

*Tubular Windchimes, up to 70 cm in length

*Various multisampled and textural bells, ship bell, tibetan bells, brass bell, up to 3 velocity layers with 5x round robin

*Bar Chimes

*Waterphone gongs, hitting the bottom of a waterphone with a soft gong beater, 3 velocity layers, 5x round robin
  • *Various multisampled metal objects: caviar cans, metal bowl, coins, dumbbell plate, small thunder sheet, metal plate (dinner tray), anvil, oil barrel

*Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories

All samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in
L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit - U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R

The industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics
Sennheiser MK 70

You can view/download the PDF for Metallurgy with more details, the licence agreement, some pics and the patch list including playing tips and descriptions for each patch here.

Delivery: Download
Library size in total: 3.09 GB
Download size (RAR archive in 3 parts): 1.93 GB

NOTE: This Sound Bank requires the full version of Alchemy.
It does not work with the Alchemy player version.

Price version 2.0: 46 €

All owners of a license to version 1.1 can upgrade for € 18 EUR on this page.

All owners of a license to version 1.1 who also own a license to Scattered Entity Vol. 1 can upgrade for € 9 EUR on this page.

All demos were produced entirely with Alchemy using only patches from Metallurgy, no post-processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Outputs. Only one demo uses VRoom for reverbration as stated in the title of the demo.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... llica-demo

Some videos made with patches from the updated content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2RNBDqikE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0luwB3Vos64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7vrwkK57AY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2G6XoJ1yI

Product page

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am, edited 15 times in total.

I have been playing with this sound bank for Alchemy all day.

I have many of Simon's other products - for Alchemy, Absynth, Reaktor, Kontakt and quite a lot of his sample sets.

This is another outstanding product from a designer who keeps on perfecting his art and his control of synthesizer technology.

The range of sounds and their sonic quality is amazing. Many presets start with a certain simplicity in morph square 1 and advance by morph square 8 to something completely different with some extraordinary steps in between.

There is a wonderful glockenspiel, some great and thunderous gongs, delicate tinkles and many unearthly instruments. Lots of spectral swirls and some really, truly different sound textures in here - many don't sound 'metallic' at all.

My personal favorite is Moaning Metal at the moment, but that could change.

I recommend you listen to each preset one-by-one without looking at the name or forming any preconceived idea about the sound - just revel in the shear dazzling merriment.

I also think that these sounds may be further exploited in complex outboard effects chains following Alchemy. They aren't drenched in reverb or delays - the effects are tasteful, mostly restrained - however odd.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

arachnaut wrote:I have been playing with this sound bank for Alchemy all day.

I have many of Simon's other products - for Alchemy, Absynth, Reaktor, Kontakt and quite a lot of his sample sets.

This is another outstanding product from a designer who keeps on perfecting his art and his control of synthesizer technology.

The range of sounds and their sonic quality is amazing. Many presets start with a certain simplicity in morph square 1 and advance by morph square 8 to something completely different with some extraordinary steps in between.

There is a wonderful glockenspiel, some great and thunderous gongs, delicate tinkles and many unearthly instruments. Lots of spectral swirls and some really, truly different sound textures in here - many don't sound 'metallic' at all.

My personal favorite is Moaning Metal at the moment, but that could change.

I recommend you listen to each preset one-by-one without looking at the name or forming any preconceived idea about the sound - just revel in the shear dazzling merriment.

I also think that these sounds may be further exploited in complex outboard effects chains following Alchemy. They aren't drenched in reverb or delays - the effects are tasteful, mostly restrained - however odd.
Thank you Jim for this detailed review - great read too. It seems the 21st century has born a new genre: Soundset reviews :)
Glad you like it!

All customers who pre-ordered Metallurgy with an Email account on sbcglobal.net should provide me with an alternative Email adress because since a few days, all those mails are returned via the Mail Delivery Subsystem.

Metallic Bumpage on a beautiful Wednesday morning...

(Also posted in the Camel Audio forum)

I may be a little bit prejudiced because I love metallic sounds, nevertheless I think this is a wonderful sound bank full of expressive sounds, in fact it is now my favorite of the three Alchemistry banks. There are eight variations for each patch, but variations does not begin to describe the surprisingly wide spectrum of sounds attainable in each patch. Of particular interest are the granular variations, which sometimes stutter along in glitchy repetitions as if they were arpeggiations. The bowed cymbals, of which there are quite a few, are quite amazing, in fact they're significantly more expressive and playable than the new SoundIron Cymbology bank I just got for Kontakt (and that is a bank I would also highly recommend) but Simon's take just sounds better to my ears. There are some great gongs, one of which is articulated by rubbing a rubber ball against it, which I never would have guessed if not for the excellent accompanying notes (in pdf format). The notes are very revealing and well illustrated, they describe not only the sound and playing technique but also what sorts of processing went into their sound design, which I find to be very useful and interesting information. This is a very flexible bank with strikes, bowed articulations, pads, atmospheres and also some industrial field recordings of metallic factory sounds. I love these sounds and highly recommend Metallurgy!

Thank you Ben for this great feedback! That goes down like oil as we say :)

Metallic Bumpage...

Caviar Cans! So that's where our money is going :)

Still well worth it - another great set, just had time for a quick run through so far but will give it more time this weekend and holiday!!

aMUSEd wrote:Caviar Cans! So that's where our money is going :)

Still well worth it - another great set, just had time for a quick run through so far but will give it more time this weekend and holiday!!
Thank's Stephen - I hate Caviar, read the effin manual - LOL :D

Metallurgic Bumpage....

Excellent Sound examples... right up my alley!! I love gongs, metal hits and so on... Very well done!!

pdxindy wrote:Excellent Sound examples... right up my alley!! I love gongs, metal hits and so on... Very well done!!
Thank you :)

There is still some metal available here :)

Saturday Metallurgy Bumpage..

Return to “Soundware”