Controlling Sonnox EQ FQ Band parameter with DPMP internal with Cubase 6

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

i would like to use the DPMP on my kick channel and rout the MIDI out to control the Sonnox Eq on another track. I think this is only possible with MIDI OX and MIDI Yoke right? Since i cannot directly say the Sonnox EQ to react on the controller i send out from DPMP..i already read the tutorial but its kinda outdated imo..is there a way to use the quick controls maybe?

cheers

Hi,

the tutorial is indeed a bit outdated but should still be relevant. Doesn't your EQ support MIDI control?

Hey, no it has no direct midi input..i would need to route the controller out and redirect it back into cubase as it would be a common midi keyboard controller or something like that..then i could midi learn the eq parameter i guess..

I would need an EQ with direct midi input i guess..

If you really want to keep this EQ, you can also use automation instead of MIDI control (but it won't be real time :( ).

What are you exactly trying to achieve with this setup? Maybe another EQ with MIDI control like one of ours would do the trick?

i want to copy this setup in cubase with your peakcontroller wich im currently demoing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUG92S_XnM&hd=1

sadly it has to be realtime i guess but how would you do that automation thing actualy? I mean to controll a parameter on another cahnnel/insert..

i will try your free eq now..see how it works..

I dont know man, i followed your tutorial but i cannot get this to work sadly..i now used your triple free eq but it doesn't receive any midi data..the frequency band even doesn't move from the left to right..see my setup please..

Im gonna buy the DPMP if we get this to work :D

Any reply? I think i followed the tutorial exactly but with no luck yet..could you maybe test this with cubase 6 ?

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. The setup for the plug-ins indeed look good. However I cannot see the MIDI track behind. Do you see any MIDI signal coming thru?

We are currently doing a fresh install of Cubase 6 on a test machine to reproduce your scenario. We should hopefully be able to get back to you soon!

Hey,

thx for testing it..and no, there is no midi coming through the midi channel sadly..

cheers

Sorry, it took longer than expected to download the latest version, so we'll install and test it after xmas if you don't mind... We just hope that it's not the "MIDI out" feature in Cubase that has been broken again like with v4.0 :(.

More on that soon!

Just to mention it, i use win 7 pro x64 with cubase 6 x64 and your x64 demos..

Merry Christmas and don't stress yourself too much with that..a solution would be nice but im not in a hurry or so..

Enjoy your Holidays!

cheers

edit:

just tried in cubase 5 (last version) , win xp 32bit and it works with no hasles..so either is a cubase 6 issue or a 64bit issue maybe..your turn ;)

Found it!

It looks like there is a problem with Cubase 6 and MIDI events coming out of VST plug-ins: the first event of the frame is not taken into account (!). We haven't checked on the 32-bit version yet.

Anyway, the solution in this case (until this is fixed in Cubase) is to activate another parameter before the one you are interested in (the "transformed" parameter in your case). For example you can activate the "Peak Value" MIDI output, and the events sent for the "Transformed" should work...

Thanks for catching this problem!

It's confirmed that the bug is 64-bit only (the 32-bit version of Cubase 6 works just fine and does not need the bypass explained above).

Great thanks! :) :)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:It's confirmed that the bug is 64-bit only (the 32-bit version of Cubase 6 works just fine and does not need the bypass explained above).
Did you already report this to steinberg or are you able to fix this?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”