KX77FREE -> KX-SYNTH-X16 v4.3 (free VCS3 sim) 08/04/2012: New video demos.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I added a video in the top of this topic.

Xavier

Hi,

I modified the top of this topic to present the new version 4.1 of this plug-in.

Xavier

Thank you :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Hi,

I added a video in the top of this topic again.

About the vst plug-in which has been used for the first video demo, Novaflash done a great update of his Phyzmod.

phyzmod_v2

Xavier

Hi,

I added a video in the top of this topic again.

My first demo about the fx version.

also, I have got an user return, I cannot resist to publish 2 parts of it:
...Recently after ordering a Computer Music magazine from the UK on Ebay(my goal was to get a Krakli synth) I rediscovered your excellent plugins. The KX-Synth-X16 was featured in the magazine and I found myself fascinated with it. The capabilities and sounds were amazing. I also was reading about the .... and the .... series and saw you comment that the feature they were selling on their plugins was available for FREE on your KX-Omni series, specifically, individually tunable voices to emulate the differentiations heard in old analog synthesizers. After installing both of the Omnis, I was astounded at the sound quality. The fact that you don't charge for these is inconceivable to me. after that, I went on to install the Modulad, the KXstep, and the KXPM-23-P8. I am still amazed that they are free...
Now, a lot of devs have understood that is important to detune the voices to simulate a poly VA. I was one of the first guy who implemented the analog drift inside a vst (KXMOD system). I began the KXPM series in 2003 and I provided it in July 2005.

About the Kx-Modulad, I implemented a RND parameter to replace the Kxmod system, that is easy to use.
...In short, I wanted to write you a note of thanks for making these plugins and giving them away. Your generosity is astounding. The fact that you are giving these away to those of us who were not blessed financially is amazing. I just wanted to let you know that you are appreciated by many even if you don't hear from us. We are out here and are finally happy that we can have great analog sound without having to worry about paying $400 when a voice goes out in my T8, a slider goes bad on a Jupiter 6, and a battery leaks all over the circuit board in a PolySix and ruins it(Yes. All of these things actually happened)...

So, this is exactly why I did my plug-ins...

Xavier

Positive vibrations :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

just wondering- i notice you can select the internal sequence to run on host sequencer play, but i couldn't work out if you can get it to play with just a key press from midi keyboard,.. thanks

Hi,

You can use any CC to the Pause button ( ||< = reset to the step sync, || with no reset), do a right click on the knobs or buttons and the Midi learn pop-up menu appears.

Xavier

Hi,

I modified the top of this topic about the output bug with Sonar.

Xavier

Sounds great ... thank you for this excellent synth :tu:

Hi,

I modified the top of this topic to present the new version 4.1a of this plug-in.

Xavier

Thank you for this update.

This synth quickly became one of my favorites since v2.5. I had used EFM's emulation of the VCS3 but it was buggy and I couldn't record automations.

It does take a lot of patience to deal with the SYNTH-X16 because the step sequencer is complex, and the synth is CPU intensive (on my older laptop with Celeron-M and Windows XP 32-bit) but that's always expected from modular systems.

I'm glad you modified the step sequencer because I created a couple of patches for v3.x which used it, but when I recalled a patch later, the step sequencer part didn't load properly.

This always sounds great, no matter what patch I select! I use the X-Y joystick as much as possible, not just on this synth but on some others that have that GUI element (Alionoctis, crazy_pad etc.).

This synth is so complicated I have to select a patch from the built-in bank and modify it to my taste. Otherwise, I'd offer a bank of 16 or 32 presets for everyone to download here! :D

Peace to everyone.

---
bacHelorHerd officially retired from Internet life.

hi

This morning I installed the Sonar Trial on my old athlon xp 2000 with 512 mo of ram and the v4.1 works fine, the older versions have the output bug but not the v4.1 ...

If you are Sonar users, could you confirm that?

@Francisco Cepero
Yes, a Celeron is not recommended to use the Poly version or any serious MAO configurations, it has not a good FPU.
About the compatibility with the old version of the sequencer, you must select the voice for each track and set manually the accent steps because in the older version the accent steps was not saved in the files *.x16.

FAQ:
V3 banks compatibility:
The main structure of the plug-in has been modified to implement the new sequencer and a lot of unused internal parameters have been deleted but the V3 banks are compatible with the V4.
A message box appears when the user loads its V3 bank.
This message would not appear later if the host session is saved.
The user will correct the following values: the accent on-off of the sequencer,
the pop-up menus to transpose the vcos and the voice destinations of the sequencer tracks.

Xavier

Hi,

I modified the top of this topic to present the new version 4.2 of this plug-in.

Xavier

Hi,

I modified the top of this topic to present the new version 4.3 of this plug-in.

Infos : V4.1 and upper with Zynewave Podium
The plug-in must be imported manually (or with drag and drop) in the vst database because the automatic scan doesn't recognize the V4 perhaps that it is a Vsti with 4 outputs (Poly and M versions).
You must save your plug-in database in you project or in a template.
Any way with the older versions (4.0 and 3.0-3.3) the the plug-in was loaded with a bad setting of the outputs and it had be changed by the user (quad outputs) who thought generally that it was a bug...

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”