What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRAF

2971 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now

Postby 1-2-Many; Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 am

Hi,
I'm running Predator 1.6.1, 32bits, Single core

I cannot figure how to set the default location for the banks. When Predator loads the bank section always comes up empty and points to my root C: drive

Can this be fixed/changed?

Also, the ? "Show Online manual" button doesn't work
KVRAF

Postby 1-2-Many; Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Oh well - I couldn't find any way to do it on the GUI, so I did it in the Windows registry - problem solved - thanks anyway
KVRAF

3452 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Ok, great that you've fixed yourself. If I can help otherwise, let me know and I hope you have a great new year.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

Postby 1-2-Many; Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks Jon - You too :)
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 am

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

3232 posts since 17 Aug, 2004, from Berlin, Germany

Postby 4damind; Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 am

I had the same problem in the past and used the registry. Would be a good idea to add a default preset location button in the browser to change the location?
Frank Arnold Musician & IT Freelancer

Visit me on:
Facebook | Soundcloud | 4damind.com
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:56 am

Well the bank folders are set during installation, written into the registry. So if you have a problem with the banks, I would suggest reinstalling into the folder you want the banks to be in finally.

Cheers

Jon
NN2
KVRist

41 posts since 5 Jan, 2009

Postby NN2; Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:25 am

I too have just re-installed Predator 1.6.whatever into a new system which I have rebuilt in x64, and, the Banks cannot be found. This was a fresh clean installation, so it seems there's a bit of a bug with bank location handling.
Also, even once you navigate to the banks Predator doesn't correct itself and one has to go through the same procedure with the next instance.

Mark.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 am

Hi there

Hmm , that is odd, I wonder if it's certain system, because we use the same system in all the products, and only a tiny handful of people have reported problems to us, and that is mostly down to installing in the wrong folder and then moving.

I think it might be an idea for me in new updates to install in one of the system folders for banks etc, so they are always installed in the same place on every system.

Cheers

jon
KVRAF

3895 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Please no system folders for anything! That's such a hassle and a guaranteed move here, and Papen products not using them but allowing things in the logical place together with the VST during install is so far a big plus.

The reason why I in the past also have requested a bank path option inside Predator was that the installer put everything in a different folder than what I set during install (making a new Papen subfolder for some reason) requiring a move. Lucky I also found the setting in preferences so all was fixed.

Fix the installer path and have an ini containing the path next to the VST which can be edited from within Predator and it's perfect.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 pm

All our plugins, install into Rob Papen subfolder to make sure they are all our plugins are together, but I'll have a look if I can make this optional.

Having the ability to set the folder file within Predator is an interesting idea as well, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

3895 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Concretefx wrote:All our plugins, install into Rob Papen subfolder to make sure they are all our plugins are together, but I'll have a look if I can make this optional.

Would be good as for sure I'm not the only one who have plugins categorized in folders by type and then the Papen plugins wouldn't be anywhere near each other except synths but much prefer to have those in folders by plugin name, not developer name anyway.

And as I said, also much more useful to have all files connected to the plugin in the same folder as is possible now so hope that stays.

Cheers
KVRAF

Postby 1-2-Many; Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:07 am

Concretefx wrote:All our plugins, install into Rob Papen subfolder to make sure they are all our plugins are together, but I'll have a look if I can make this optional.

Having the ability to set the folder file within Predator is an interesting idea as well, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Jon
Hi Jon,
Having just updated to 1.6.2, I think I've discovered what's happening:

When running the 1.6.2 32 bit installer, 'Select Destination Location' was set to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Rob Papen.

The problem is that with that setting you get an "over nested" installation. C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Rob Papen\Rob Papen\Predator

So I manually moved everything one level up, but doing so causes Predator to lose its banks. If you leave it alone everything works fine, including the "Show Online Manual" button I reported earlier as non-functional. BTW - I moved it when installing 1.6.1 too, which spawned this thread.

If you hate the double 'Rob Papen' folder structure, the best way to fix it is to delete the \Rob Papen from the end of the path on the 'Select Destination Location' page of the install, since it seems to add that folder by default.

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen