Arturia new hardware Analogue Synth MiniBrute for 499 euro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia new hardware synth for 499 Euro :shock:

MiniBrute

Key features:

Voltage controlled oscillator
25 key keyboard with aftertouch
Steiner-Parker multi-mode filter
Innovative analog Ultrasaw , Metalizer , Brute Factor technology
Difficulty of use of the controller, 14 faders and 29 knobs
Rich interface, CV , Gate , USB , MIDI
Advanced arpeggiator
Rugged metal housing
Last edited by toitoi on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

If it sounds half as good as it looks it will be amazing!

2012 is shaping up to be 'THE' gearlust year!

:-o
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I'd rather have it as a sound module with no keys - maybe they will do 2 versions - can't see much point in 25 keys myself

That came out of the blue! Very interesting. My CC is ready. But, there is no info about this anywhere so far, except this thread? Is this a new NAMM announcement?

The (brief) specification state one oscillator, is that right? Which would be a shame. Is there hard sync available?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Looks good! I like that there's loadsa new analog stuff coming out .. Hw ruuuls
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

SLiC wrote:If it sounds half as good as it looks it will be amazing!
I don't think it looks very good at all. Looks more like a 2 octave MIDI controller than a synth. I don't like the way any Arturia hardware looks for some reason. Just doesn't float my boat. Interested to hear/see more of it though. NAMM 2012 presumably?

So far it looks like the knobs are spaced a bit too close. Might be a tight squeeze trying to quickly grab a knob. But I love the sliders. Much prefer those for envelopes than knobs.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Dogboy73 wrote:
SLiC wrote:If it sounds half as good as it looks it will be amazing!
I don't think it looks very good at all. Looks more like a 2 octave MIDI controller than a synth. I don't like the way any Arturia hardware looks for some reason. Just doesn't float my boat. Interested to hear/see more of it though. NAMM 2012 presumably?
I'm sure it will devide opinion- good for Arturia for doing something that looks different! I think it looks retro- Moog Rogue or CAT, I suspect (if it is 1 Osc) that it may be designed for dirty, rasping bass lines? No Bass Synth for ages then 2 at once? (Moog doesnt have a keyboard).

SLiC wrote:... I think it looks retro- Moog Rogue or CAT, I suspect (if it is 1 Osc) that it may be designed for dirty, rasping bass lines? No Bass Synth for ages then 2 at once? (Moog doesnt have a keyboard).
Holy Crap - someone mentioned CAT! Been wondering about that. Used to work with one of their engineers (before that, he was a roady/coffee-getter/lifter-of-stuff for Bob Moog.

The CAT's were like Odesseys that had Moog knobs and Arp sliders that didn't bust off. I think they were even sued by Arp. Fatter, grittier sound if I'm not mistaken.

(sorry to hijack).

Arturia - maybe they'll do a keyboardless version a-la Mopho, Blofeld, etc. But does look interesting...

JoeCat wrote:
SLiC wrote:... I think it looks retro- Moog Rogue or CAT, I suspect (if it is 1 Osc) that it may be designed for dirty, rasping bass lines? No Bass Synth for ages then 2 at once? (Moog doesnt have a keyboard).
Holy Crap - someone mentioned CAT! Been wondering about that. Used to work with one of their engineers (before that, he was a roady/coffee-getter/lifter-of-stuff for Bob Moog.

The CAT's were like Odesseys that had Moog knobs and Arp sliders that didn't bust off. I think they were even sued by Arp. Fatter, grittier sound if I'm not mistaken.

(sorry to hijack).

Arturia - maybe they'll do a keyboardless version a-la Mopho, Blofeld, etc. But does look interesting...

Closest I was thinking it was like- 'The Kitten' (the ssmall CAT)

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/octavekit.php

penguinfromdeep wrote:Looks good! I like that there's loadsa new analog stuff coming out .. Hw ruuuls
It's certain that it will be analogue?

SLiC wrote:Closest I was thinking it was like- 'The Kitten' (the ssmall CAT)
(Forgot about that one. Maybe CAT will re-group, make a bigger synth, and call it The Cougar.)
chk071 wrote: It's certain that it will be analogue?
Specs say VCO, which implies it (if that's the case I'd imagine the filter would be).

Is it intended to be a bass synth specifically? Or are we guessing?

Wow! The design is beyond horrible imo (judging from the small picture)! But a Steiner-Parker filter? :-o
That's really cool!
A version without the keys would be really nice! And the name MINIbrute implies that a bigger version may be planned.

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”