VA MuDrum (Virtual Analog Drum Synths)

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

it's been a long time since my last apearance here, but i've not been away from the Mulab world all this time, all the contrary.

I present you the VA MuDrum, a set of Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizers for our beloved MuDrum's E3 :)

This is an evolution of a project i started to be the M3 drum machine ( http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=30 ) but it was too much ambitious for M3, so Jo told me to wait for M4 and the MuDrum to reincarnate it in a propper way, and here it is.

NOTE: VA Mudrum is already avalaible with the latest Mulab package and will be released with M4.
You can find it under Factory > instruments > MuDrum > VA MuDrum

-MuDrum Synths included:

BassDrums:

-Mu BassDrum:
Can create 808 and 909 style BassDrums. The default patch uses a TR 808 Waveform for the oscillator.

-3 Layers BassDrum:
Same as above, but 2 bassdrums layered with a 3rd layer to add extra clipping attacks.

SnareDrums:

-Mu Snare:
Snare Drum with control for membrane (909 Waveform for the OSC), Snares, Tension and Wires properties.

-Mu Easy Snare:
Same as above but easier interface.

Hi Hats:

-Mu HiHats:
Synth Hi Hats, from very methallic to noisy Hi Hats.

-Mu Easy HiHats:
Easy interface version. Ideal for pitch automation.

Percussion:

-Mu Hand Clap:

-Mu TOM

-Mu Cym:
Inspired by the 808 Cymbal. You can create from bells to special FX with this.

-Mu Percussion:
Analog percussion device, usefull for claves, congas, blips etc.

Audio demos:
I've uploaded the first demo to mediafire only by now because Soundcloud was introducing weird artifacts to the file. If anyone knows of a better site please let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0elr6j3533uqal2

I'll upload the MuSession version, and more demos in the coming days.

EDIT: you can download the demo session here http://www.mediafire.com/?5bolaq6cw469rlx

thanks to Jo for all his valuable feedback!

Any user feedback would be much appreciated :wink:

Enjoy making music!!! :band:
Last edited by Juan Mendoza on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Caramba! Juan esto suena muy bien! :love:

AWESOME!! :o Thanks!!

Hopefully Jo can integrate these in the standard install package some day (if you'll allow) The more of these wonderful tools, the better :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

miquelmatas wrote:Caramba! Juan esto suena muy bien! :love:
Gracias!!!
La veritat es que amb el Mulab es pot treure un so de collons ;)

(Translate: indeed with Mulab you can get a f****n good sound) :P

Nielzie wrote:AWESOME!! :o Thanks!!

Hopefully Jo can integrate these in the standard install package some day (if you'll allow) The more of these wonderful tools, the better :D
Thanks, and sorry, ooops i forgot to say that the VA MuDrum is already avalaible in the latest M4 package and will be released with M4 :hihi:

You can find it under factory > instruments > MuDrum > VA MuDrum

you'll find all 10 devices there plus a MuDrum patch file (VA MuDrum.mux)with all synths ready to play and enjoy :)

I want to finetune the devices as much as possible before release, so if you guys try them, please give as much feedback as possible. Thanks.

Brilliant !!! I love you :hug:

Hey Juan :)

Cheers on the VA MuDrum!! :phones: :party:

Tip: You could make a little .txt or .html doc file and put that in the VA MuDrum folder. You could start by simply copy-pasting your info above, that's already something.

If you give the .txt or .html doc file the same name as the .mux patch, MuLab will enable the "Show Patch Info" menu option.

Cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mux.html

This is very cool. Great job you guys.... so excited, that I'm gonna try it out right now !!!!!!

Hey juan,

Any plans on still doing any youtube tutorials ????

Hey I can't find the VA Mudrum devices ??? and I'm using 4.0.99 and you said it was under factory,instruments mu-drum,VA mu-drum, but I can't even find factory.
Can someone help me out on this one.

Thanks,

funk01

For example:

Click on an empty rack slot -> MuTools->Factory->Instruments->MuDrum->VA MuDrum

mutools wrote:Hey Juan :)

Cheers on the VA MuDrum!! :phones: :party:

Tip: You could make a little .txt or .html doc file and put that in the VA MuDrum folder. You could start by simply copy-pasting your info above, that's already something.

If you give the .txt or .html doc file the same name as the .mux patch, MuLab will enable the "Show Patch Info" menu option.

Cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mux.html
Yes, i want to finetune a few minor things that i noticed while working with the demos, and then i can add a kind of quick docs before release.

Thanks to all for the kind comments :oops:
funk01 wrote:Hey juan,

Any plans on still doing any youtube tutorials ????
Yes, as soon as M4 is released i want to make some MUX tutos, and some for the VA MuDrum if you guys think that they'll be usefull.

What i need is a tool that records screen video and at the same time records Mulab's output (preferrably without pops and clicks :hihi: ) and eventually a microphone....

WOW!!!! :shock: :love: :love: :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

mutools wrote:For example:

Click on an empty rack slot -> MuTools->Factory->Instruments->MuDrum->VA MuDrum

I tried it and I don't see factory in there ??? :?

Return to “MUTOOLS”