needle in a haystack

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... tcount=133

Reaktor core port of some Sean Costello CSound code.
miedex

For the uninitiated (me), could you please explain the significance of this in a bit more detail?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

This looks like a port of my Csound code from October of 1999. 8 delay line reverb, with all the delay lines interpolated for big washiness. It sounded good at the time. Today, I'd stick a few short allpasses in the front for diffusion, and use the proper feedback gain calculations to put a proper decay time in there.

There is a Max4Live plugin that implements this as well, that I think some of the CSound folks are charging money for. That is a little annoying, as I created this as an open source orchestra. If the Csound people release the source code, that is fine by me. Stuff like this Reaktor port is cool, as anyone can look inside and see how it ticks.

I had worked on reverbs in Reaktor 3 back in 2002-2003, and ended up giving up in frustration. At the time, the inability to schedule the order of module execution made the super complicated feedback configurations I was into back then harder to get running. I think that Reaktor 4 fixed this, but by then I was moving towards C, and later C++, as my main development environment.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:There is a Max4Live plugin that implements this as well, that I think some of the CSound folks are charging money for. That is a little annoying, as I created this as an open source orchestra. If the Csound people release the source code, that is fine by me.
If you mean the Csound 4 Live stuff, the original source (or rather the .csd file version) is provided. It has to be, the way its all working under the hood is by running normal csound and the csound~ max object via Max4Live, as far as I understand. Open source licensing has never precluded resale anyway, but in this case, what they're charging for, really, is the M4L 'parameterisation' and UI code which makes it all 'pretty' in Live...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Glad I asked... :lol:

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

whyterabbyt wrote: If you mean the Csound 4 Live stuff, the original source (or rather the .csd file version) is provided.
Good enough, then. As long as there is source provided, I'm OK with it.
in this case, what they're charging for, really, is the M4L 'parameterisation' and UI code which makes it all 'pretty' in Live...
There are not heavy enough quotes you can use around "pretty" in this case...

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:Good enough, then. As long as there is source provided, I'm OK with it.
Actually, looking at the site in more detail, there's a comment in the description to the effect that your code was turned into a proper compiled-into-Csound opcode a while back, and the CSound source code is open anyway...
There are not heavy enough quotes you can use around "pretty" in this case...
hmmm. not at all sure why they eschewed the native M4L look.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

valhallasound wrote:This looks like a port of my Csound code from October of 1999. 8 delay line reverb, with all the delay lines interpolated for big washiness. It sounded good at the time. Today, I'd stick a few short allpasses in the front for diffusion, and use the proper feedback gain calculations to put a proper decay time in there.
It would be cool if someone who knew Reaktor core would implement those suggestions. Can you describe more technical detail about that with the picture of the structure in mind? http://i.imgur.com/JCVdi.png
miedex

miedex wrote:
valhallasound wrote:This looks like a port of my Csound code from October of 1999. 8 delay line reverb, with all the delay lines interpolated for big washiness. It sounded good at the time. Today, I'd stick a few short allpasses in the front for diffusion, and use the proper feedback gain calculations to put a proper decay time in there.
It would be cool if someone who knew Reaktor core would implement those suggestions. Can you describe more technical detail about that with the picture of the structure in mind? http://i.imgur.com/JCVdi.png
Instead of going into more technical detail, I'd rather put it into one of my own future plugins. :D

Sean Costello

By the way Sean, I added an example using your reverbsc opcode to my Csound 4 Usine package a while back. This is a free add-on for Sensomusic Usine that allows Csound scripts to be run drectly in Usine :)

Caco wrote:By the way Sean, I added an example using your reverbsc opcode to my Csound 4 Usine package a while back. This is a free add-on for Sensomusic Usine that allows Csound scripts to be run drectly in Usine :)
Cool!

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”