VA MuDrum (Virtual Analog Drum Synths)

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

funk01 wrote:
mutools wrote:For example:

Click on an empty rack slot -> MuTools->Factory->Instruments->MuDrum->VA MuDrum

I tried it and I don't see factory in there ??? :?
Check if you have the latest build

www.mutools.com/mulab/cedar

funk01 wrote:
mutools wrote:For example:

Click on an empty rack slot -> MuTools->Factory->Instruments->MuDrum->VA MuDrum

I tried it and I don't see factory in there ??? :?

I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM. I DID NOT UPDATE THE NEWER SESSION PROPERLY.

THANKS YOU GUYS.

HEY JUAN,

I THINK THOSE TUTORIALS WOULD BE GREAT, WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE TO DO IT.

THANKS FOR THE COOL SOUNDS.

Just checking: You're talking about MuLab 4, right?

If yes, then can you please post a screenshot of what you see then.
Post it here or via email, as what's easiest for you.

mutools wrote:Just checking: You're talking about MuLab 4, right?

If yes, then can you please post a screenshot of what you see then.
Post it here or via email, as what's easiest for you.

Yes Mu.lab 4 and everything is there. Thanks !!!!

I already started playing around with the sounds and I like it. There's a lot of tweaking and modifying you can do which makes it really interesting.

Thanks,

funk01

These VA drum modules are really good and usable additions :love:

Impressive work Juan, well done!

All works very well. Only thing I noticed was that the frequency knobs of some filters doesn't go below a certain fixed amount, so they can't be set to zero. Is that by design?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

great drum modules; authentic synth drums with sizzle. brilliant!

Nielzie wrote:These VA drum modules are really good and usable additions :love:

Impressive work Juan, well done!
:oops: Thanks!
Nielzie wrote:All works very well. Only thing I noticed was that the frequency knobs of some filters doesn't go below a certain fixed amount, so they can't be set to zero. Is that by design?

Indeed, its a design decision. Most parameters in the VA MuDrum editors have a limited range. The intention is that you keep producing drum sounds no matter how much you turn the knobs. I.e. a 40s decay has no sense in a drum patch, so it's limited with a metaparameter.

Same applies to the filters, BUT, if you find that a certain device or filter needs a wider range please let me know and i'll finetune it, if possible. This is the kind of feedback i need before release, so to release the devices as finetuned as possible, Thanks! ;)

You can also dive into the modular area and finetune the range of the metaparameters as you wish though.

Hi Juan!

The only thing I noticed is the Mu Cym missing velocity tracking (I think it's the Amp Env turned down to zero). Was that intentional? (I'd have also liked it a bit trashier, but that's taste, I guess.)

I'm more of an acoustic drums fan, so I can't really comment on them beyond that.

Hi pl,

thanks for your feedback :)
pljones wrote:Hi Juan!

The only thing I noticed is the Mu Cym missing velocity tracking (I think it's the Amp Env turned down to zero). Was that intentional?
ooops, no. Fixed in next version.

pljones wrote:(I'd have also liked it a bit trashier, but that's taste, I guess.)
In what sense? more distorted? more harmonics, inharmonics?

It follows a similar scheme to the TR 808 cymbal, only that instead of 6 osc it has 4, for CPU optimizing reasons. And is capable of producing nice bell like sonds. Not very good for realistic cymbals, nor was the real TR one, anyway if it can be improoved, i'd like to do it.

Yeah, that's what I mean - it's probably spot on for what it's meant to be emulating. I could push it through some distortion or something anyway...

pljones wrote:Yeah, that's what I mean - it's probably spot on for what it's meant to be emulating. I could push it through some distortion or something anyway...
I wont gonna radiacally change any device at this moment, i'm just finetuning the existing ones, i also dont want to overcomplicate the editors more, some are indeed a bit too deep for the medium level user.

Anyway, i have more devices done that are not yet included and will work on even more towards M5. "Maybe" then i find a way to emulate acoustic drums. And when FM synthesis gets into Mulab be sure we'll be able to have more realistic and methalic sounds ;)

Cheers!

Juan Mendoza wrote:And when FM synthesis gets into Mulab be sure we'll be able to have more realistic and methalic sounds ;)
Maybe also try with the ring modulator?

mutools wrote:
Juan Mendoza wrote:And when FM synthesis gets into Mulab be sure we'll be able to have more realistic and methalic sounds ;)
Maybe also try with the ring modulator?
Indeed, that's what i used to make the methallic hi hats :)
I could create a new Cym using RM and try, but i wouldnt like to replace the current one because i really like it.

In any case it would be an aditional one, but i think that would be better for M5.

I've mentioned FM because i've heard really impressive FM drums, some very close to real drums. I think its more possible to amulate a real cymbal and such with FM than with RM, but i may be wrong, i'm not an expert with those synthesis methods.

liquidsound wrote:WOW!!!! :shock: :love: :love: :love:
OK. They look like WOW but I can't find them in the 4.0.99UL version.
:help:
No Factory menu either :?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

1) Run MULAB 4.0.99
2) Select "New"
3) Click rack 1, slot 1
4) Select MuTools->Instruments->MuDrum->VA MuDrum->VA MuDrum
(the last VA MuDrum gets you the full kit in one go)

Return to “MUTOOLS”