Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vortex - See this page for all info/audio demos/Videos

Andy
Last edited by Astralp on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Beta link above redirects to hg homepage -- please fix!

Greg Williams

oops! Sorry about that Greg, fixed now.

will download and test, thanks ,
looks very interesting and should be great i imagine- if arp is anything to go by! :)

If you like the Step sequencer side of arp then this takes that and runs a marathon :)

:hyper:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Bugs:

Timing issue in FL, the loop resets itself randomly. Seems to be a graphic redraw problem as well. Also whenever i edit the velocity there is a zippering noise.

Also in FL i tried using a midi out to change the pitch on CH16 sending midi on port 1 but it didn't work. Sequence seemed to get stuck and just kept looping.

When doubling a pattern the step data and velocity values aren't copied, just the notes. I can only draw individual steps in the velocity lane as well, not sure what the control is for drawing lanes.

In cantabile keeps crashing but i think it's due to JBridge as i've tried several different plugins. Win 7 64bit.

Apart from that, looking good. :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Hi,

I tried today download Vortex, but unfortunately, your website currently doesn't work. I'll try later.

...PIPA :D?

Janusz
Last edited by Janusz Grzybek on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP! Vortex could be 2012's monster plug, I think!!

Feature request -- on/off switching for the (to be added) built-in synth, so the synth doesn't add to CPU use when it is not being used.

Thanks!

Greg Williams

PIPA passed me :D... and I visited site at last.
I bought Vortex on spec, but I trust Andy and believe it will be great plug-in :).

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Hi. Just purchased but no download link is available. Is that correct?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

gwill wrote:Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP!
+1 :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Hi. Just purchased but no download link is available. Is that correct?
Still in beta, duh!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

gwill wrote:Just bought -- with abundant confidence in Andy's bug-fixing and plug-improvement talents, based on his diligence and prodigious abilities in the past, especially with ARP! Vortex could be 2012's monster plug, I think!!
+1

Tell ya the truth I already have a few similar plugins, but after hooking up the padkontrol and defining the cc's, managed to waste an hour alone just with one of the presets, switching between the sequences and using the pads for the effects. They definitely make it fun to use and could easily see some cool stuff coming out of it just by messing around for a little while with even a basic sequence. So yea, had to buy this morning

Thanks everyone, glad that you are liking so far, definitely play with the triggers they are a lot of fun!

MM Thanks for the bug report nobody finds them like you :)

I'll work on the bugs tomorrow, today I'm focused on getting the synth engine ready, I have a single working version so far. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible, I'm determined to keep Vortex easy to use throughout. It will be like a rompler with banks of presets, I'm working on some presets now and it's sounding good. I'm hoping to get the synth engine into the next beta, sometime today or tomorrow.

Greg, I will do my best to minimize CPU when it is not used :)

Ok, back to it...

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”