Automatable parameters

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update: Will be added hopefully February '12.

Hello,

Is it possible to let users automate custom knobs, or any parameters at all, besides midi?

Am i missing something or not? Because this seems like a fundamental feature of any vst.

Cheers for any help in advance!
Last edited by durkkooistra on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What exactly is it you want to automate?
ImageSamplesphere

Anything really. If I add a custom knob for volume that should be automatable in a DAW.

midi cc07 controls volume.
I take it you have a midi controller keyboard or surface; simply use that
or the channel controllers in your DAW if they're available.
There's no midi learn function for outputted instruments that I'm aware of.
What DAW do you use?
ImageSamplesphere

It's not me I am worried about. Why would anyone want to force the end user to be restricted to midi CC's?

It's like saying a car wiper doesnt need a servo to move. It's true, but these days workflows are often geared towards midi events in piano rolls/channels etc.

Well bud, it's not ME you should be ranting at.
The simple fact remains, Maize Sampler has NO midi learn function.
Try contacting the authors of Maize Sampler, or look for some other software that enables you to create instruments without writing code.
Besides Synth Maker and Synth Edit I know of none.
So, good luck with that.
ImageSamplesphere

sorry if I offended you - I do appreciate you taking time to answer questions here. Seems no one else does.

My comments were in no way directed towards you since you did not make the product.

I'll send the developer an email.

While on topic; Dont you think this is a key feature for any plugin?

Well although I agree that it would be great to have midi learn for all knobs I have other implementations higher up on my priority list.

A separate pan for each group being at the top of the list.
Separate audio out for each group being a close second.

Maize Sampler 1.32 has four audio out-puts but the instruments it creates are too cpu intensive to be a practical option.

The author(s) don't seem to visit this forum very frequently.
I've had a much better response in terms of getting new options implemented via email.
ImageSamplesphere

While those functions are very important indeed (I already suggested suggested making all sample and group options available for end users via combo's and knobs.

But the automation is just something that makes a product look unfinished - amateurish.

imho anyway

Well we all have our own personal preferences about which options we'd like to see implemented, which is good, but making the suggestions here is next to useless as, like I said earlier, the author doesn't seem to visit this forum very often.

I'd advise not only yourself but all Maize Sampler users to email their requests.
I think also if you're as a licensed user you're more likely to have notice taken of any suggestions you may have - it's just how it is.
ImageSamplesphere

I have a license - And I already emailed him.

Currently awaiting reply on implementation.

He replied; Will be added next month!

Lovely. Hope this forum will get a bit busier, would be good for the product I think.

durkkooistra wrote:I have a license - And I already emailed him.

Currently awaiting reply on implementation.
currently just midi cc control, will add the automation as option for the knob

Return to “Maizesoft”