MuLab 4 PreRelease 7

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this is worth a separate topic:

MuLab 4.0.107 aka PreRelease 4 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/cedar

New & Tuned
  • Greatly improved support for slicing drum loops, including auto-slicer. See http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/slici ... mples.html
  • New sample context function: "Auto Create Locators".
  • Create Sequence Using Locators: better default loop length. Also an auto hide alert is given to notify you of the new sequence.
  • Create Multisample Using Locators: An auto hide alert is given to notify you of the new multisample.
  • Create MultiSample & Sequence Using Locators now split in two functions.
  • Better import of wave file loop markers: Loop end marker now is properly adjusted for +1 sample as in the wave file it is inclusive, in MuLab it's exclusive.
  • In some rare cases, imported samples could have double start/end locators.
  • Control+click on locator deletes that locator.
  • Session menu also has "Import Audio File" function for completeness.
  • Resorted the Session menu import/export functions.
  • Tracks have new mute+solo buttons.
  • Finetuned rack design including solo button and stereo level meters.
  • Added Trancit's Silencio patch pack to the M4 package. Cheers Trancit on these fat sounds!
  • Focused Module Keyboard can be hidden/shown via right-clicking that keyboard or right-clicking the Focused Module Panel itself. (not the display)
  • New preference "ShowFocusedModuleKeyboard" cfr the above items.
  • On first launch, you also get the immediate option to setup MIDI.
  • Finetuned auto-focus module behaviour when activating editor windows.
  • Session Modular Area: Finetuned, bigger default window size + auto arrangeme,t of the modules.
  • When start dragging a wide module in the modular editor, the drag rectangle didn't reflect the wideness.
  • When drag-dropping, when hovering a non-drop area, now there still is a drag box shown (with a no-go cursor).
  • Finetuned copy-pasting of waveforms.
  • Improved behaviour when mixing down to an audio file that is used in the session.
  • Mixdown Audio with the Create New Part option enabled will put the resulting part on the most relevant track. Previously a new track was made in any case.
  • Optimized drawing of composer parts.
  • "Upgrade Sessions" now also works in deep folders so you can just indicate the top folder with all your sessions.
  • All versions: Finetuned the double-click detector criteria, more relaxed now.
  • Finetuned the left/right tool zone width for parts, notes and multisample zones.
  • When inserting new automation parts, they start on grid 1/16th by default.
  • Finetuned icons for the modules.
  • Finetuned several aspects in the context menus.
  • Finetuned the main menus.
  • "Toggle Process On/Off" session function now also available via the SESSION menu.
  • Finetuned behaviour when closing the last session window.
  • The rack title bar now has an extended click area to focus the rack, or to start dragging it.
  • Sample player editor: Finetuned behaviour when choosing the start/loop/end position for a sample.
  • Demo session list is flattened, shown without sub-folders.
  • New preference: "ShowDrumSlicerDialog".
  • New preference: "LevelMeterMaximumLevelFallDownTime" in num secs.
  • New preference: "DroppedAudioFilesLengthThreshold" in num secs. Put it to 0 to always turn dropped audio files into audio parts.
  • Finetuned several other things.
  • Finetuned graphics.
Fixed
  • Deleting multisample zones via delete key was not undoable. Fixed.
  • Fixed a little UI bug when dropping multiple files on the composer.
  • Fixed a bug in "List All Inputs".
  • Fixed a possible little memory leak on quit.
  • Fixed a possible UI mismatch when many tracks and all scrolled down via track headers.
  • "Upgrade Sessions": Fixed a bug and finetuned behaviour.
  • Windows version: Fixed a little bug in the drag/double-click detector, resulting in improved behaviour now.
  • Fixed a possible crash bug when deleting audio parts.
  • Fixed a rare bug in the file system.
  • When crossing a product limit, the 'please consider upgrading' alert didn't show the product pictures. Fixed.
  • On quit, MuLab now also cleans up *.MuSession.Backup
  • Fixed: In some situations, when using MIDI controllers, the UI became slow for a moment
  • Fixed several other issues.
Important: New User Key format!
The new MuLab 4 User Keys are available and will be emailed automatically on release.
As i don't know of all of you which email address links to which Kvr user here, feel free to email me if you want your new M4 User Key right now :)
Last edited by mutools on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Would it be possible for future emails from you to be sent to a different address from my paypal account please?

looking good. i have a feature request; can the vertical/horizontal zooming of composer page('+' and '-' at present)be allocated key commands? being able to assign 'up' 'down' 'left' and 'right' keys would be great for zooming in and out once a composition gets more tracks.

sl23 wrote:Would it be possible for future emails from you to be sent to a different address from my paypal account please?
Please email me about this from your current stable email address.

ok but can you send the Key update to the current email address til I can send you the new one. I connect to internet via my mobile and the network doesn't support push emails anymore? So they tell me.

Thanks

sl23 wrote:ok but can you send the Key update to the current email address til I can send you the new one. I connect to internet via my mobile and the network doesn't support push emails anymore? So they tell me.

Thanks
I don't know your email address, please email me or PM it to me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sl23 wrote: I connect to internet via my mobile and the network doesn't support push emails anymore? So they tell me.
Catch 22 situation! I can't that's what I was trying to explain! I thought you had my email address as you sent the Key previously?

Could you pm it to me?

EDIT: Sorry been real tired lately what with being up all night feeding baby! Keep missing some of the comments!

I don't know who you are. Of course i'm not sending keys blindely, i'm sure you understand.

So if you PM me your name + current key, i'll send you back your new MuLab 4 key.

Sorry I have already, I understand I just thought you maybe had some sort of record of who we are on here so when these problems arise they can be sorted. Not to worry, I think you just replied to my pm so thanks for that.

Just curious why the Key upgrade? is it more secure? or an app thing?

Invalid Key ! :-(

Do you have installed M4.0.107?

Yes and just tried reinstalling mu-lab to make sure it's ok then tried key again but not working. it starts with this - [MuLab4# - is that correct?

sl23 wrote:Yes and just tried reinstalling mu-lab to make sure it's ok then tried key again but not working. it starts with this - [MuLab4# - is that correct?
That is correct.
I double checked your key and it's working fine.

For detailed install instructions, see http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/installation.html

When buying a User License for MuLab XT or MuLab UL, you receive your personal User License Key via email.

A MuLab User License Key starts with [ and ends with a with ] for example [hTgz8K-j...sUa+OQ8]

Launch MuLab, click the MULAB menu and choose "Insert User License Key".

Copy the User License Key to the clipboard, and paste it into the License Key field. This will realize your MuLab XT/UL.
Yep! exactly that i did

theres a space in the key is that correct too ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”