Using the free version

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm testing out the free version and it says i can have only 8 plugins in the database which seems fair enough.

But it appears i can't choose which 8 plugins to have in it, It's just chose the 1st 8 plugins in my VST folder alphabetically.

Am i missing a setting/menu somewhere or is this how it works ?

You can pick plugins one by one. Just drag them onto a MULAB rack slot.

Thanks for the reply, I know i can load any plugin i wish but i get the "whispering voice" demo restriction if it's not one of the 8 plugins in the database.

What i'm asking about is the database itself and if it's possible to choose which plugins are in it so i don't get the demo restriction voice.

Delete all plugins from database and load plugins per project.

Thanks sorohanro!

FYI: That voice alert is independent from the number of VSTs, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html:

This voice alert only comes when at least one of these conditions is true:
  • You're using more tracks than allowed by your license, in any composition in any open session.
  • You're using MIDI channels on part level or event level. This may happen, for example, when importing a MIDI file. To check: Right-click track -> Choose MIDI Channel. For detailed info on using MIDI channels, click here.

Thanks, I had Stylus RMX (Rack 1), Zebralette (Rack 2) and Clean bass patch from musynth (Rack 3) two tracks had 1 insert fx each from the mutools menu.

I guess i was getting the demo voice because i'd set it to scan my plugins folder and not deleted all but 8 of them at the end.

More likely because you had more than the limit on tracks, given what you've said.

Jo's said (and I'm going to try remembering this time ;)) that the number of VSTs in the database does not trigger the voice, only the two tests he's listed.

As i said... i was using 3 tracks.

mutools wrote:FYI: That voice alert is independent from the number of VSTs, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html:

This voice alert only comes when at least one of these conditions is true:
  • You're using more tracks than allowed by your license, in any composition in any open session.
  • You're using MIDI channels on part level or event level. This may happen, for example, when importing a MIDI file. To check: Right-click track -> Choose MIDI Channel. For detailed info on using MIDI channels, click here.
Maybe it would be an option for a future update to give an alert window that shows exactly which restriction of the free version has been reached, to make it more clear?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Holophonic wrote:As i said... i was using 3 tracks.
Note that sub-tracks are also counted as a track.

Maybe you had more than 4 tracks in another composition?
(you can have multiple compositions per session)

If it was not the number of tracks, then it will have been the fact that at least one track was set to use MIDI channels on part level (or on event level).

Nielzie wrote:Maybe it would be an option for a future update to give an alert window that shows exactly which restriction of the free version has been reached, to make it more clear?
Not an option for a technical reason.

Nope, you said racks. Tracks and racks are different. Racks hold gear. Tracks send stuff - like events or audio sequences - to racks for processing. You can have any number of racks (up to the fixed limit) and use any number of bits of gear (up to the limit) without the voice. You can create any number of tracks and subtracks, too, but if you go over the limit, then you get the voice.

Do only tracks with content trigger the warning, Jo, or is it any (sub-)track?

If you import a MIDI sequence with multiple channels, is it possible to split this to multiple (sub?) tracks per channel (during import)?

pljones wrote:
Nope, you said racks. Tracks and racks are different. Racks hold gear. Tracks send stuff - like events or audio sequences - to racks for processing. You can have any number of racks (up to the fixed limit)
Note that the number of racks is unlimited.

Cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html
and use any number of bits of gear (up to the limit) without the voice. You can create any number of tracks and subtracks, too, but if you go over the limit, then you get the voice.

Do only tracks with content trigger the warning, Jo, or is it any (sub-)track?
Any (sub-)track.
If you import a MIDI sequence with multiple channels, is it possible to split this to multiple (sub?) tracks per channel (during import)?
Yes that's on the WL.

Wrt to MuLab Free: Chance is low that this will avoid the alert voice as most of the times you'll end up with more than 4 tracks.

I know 4 tracks is not much. But hey it's free!
And i've heard sessions that only use 4 tracks that have a full sound. You can use creative tricks to get the most out of 4 tracks.

Of course i hope users will be able to step to a higher MuLab level, thereby getting more Mu-power and also supporting the further development of MuLab. Because passion alone is not enough to grow. Please spread the M4 news as much as possible, this will help the development of M4.x / M5!

Cheers 8)

mutools wrote: I know 4 tracks is not much. But hey it's free!
And i've heard sessions that only use 4 tracks that have a full sound. You can use creative tricks to get the most out of 4 tracks.

Perhaps 2 tracks is also enough , than you can hear the sounds and the new user will be quicker forced to buy the full version

Return to “MUTOOLS”