Polyslax - The Other Side Of The Camera

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quirky down tempo.

The Other Side Of The Camera

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/the-othe ... the-camera

9:24 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

Very nice track. Definitely a keeper.

Another one for the polyslax Greatest Hits folder. I found this to be surprisingly conventional (if that is the right word), in that the main groove and the melodic motifs used here allowed me to approach the track in an extremely relaxed manner. The sonic manipulations here merely enhanced an already infectious and motion-inducing piece of music.

Especially loved the drums, bass, keyboard solo, piano, strings.............

:tu:

Thanks much Feda + Tim!

There you go Tim... I call it quirky and you find conventional. :) I wasn't sure how to describe this... I was thinking of something like down tempo pop hop... who knows? :hihi:
Image Image

this is a perfect post-medication aural honey drip ear massage.

the mix is lovely, with everything sitting in it's own little place within the whole.

an outstanding tune Matt, thanks for sharing :)

neil.

Cheers Neil... glad to hear it's working well in conjunction with chemicals. :)
Image Image

liked this big stepper; it reminded me of bounding through a field of flowers on a sunny day in a non-cheesy way.

jopy wrote:liked this big stepper; it reminded me of bounding through a field of flowers on a sunny day in a non-cheesy way.
Ummm...don't know if that's possible :lol: but nevertheless a very enjoyable toon. Love the bonkers breakdown section towards the end :D

Thanks guys!

jopy - I'm seeing you in a whole new light. ;)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Cheers Neil... glad to hear it's working well in conjunction with chemicals. :)
the doctor made me do it 8)

macmurphy wrote:
polyslax wrote:Cheers Neil... glad to hear it's working well in conjunction with chemicals. :)
the doctor made me do it 8)
:hihi:
Image Image

The progression throughout the track is really well done, all parts work great together and I can't find anything that stands or detracts (in a bad way anyway!). Well executed.

The main theme is nice and the piano melodies work great with the synths. I also love the rhythmic work. The ending is great!

I've got nothing bad to say about this track really, it's all very well done, I just listened to "Burn" though and this one just didn't grab me as much as that one. I guess the main motif didn't have the same impact on me perhaps? I'm not being quite fair though, I *really* like "Burn" and listening to something that's just "really well done" or even "great" directly after that is a bit unfair.

Thanks very much Programentalist!
Image Image

I loved all the different drum sounds in this one. Nice!

Thanks Justin!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”