Stutter Randomizer (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I recently made this stutter app for the mac. Please give it a try if you wish. The video below demonstrates its functions and the download link is mentioned in the youtube description.

Cheers
Rishabh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfM55wlHzw0

thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

i'm on OSX 10.6.8; noticed that a second MAX window appears when you open the app up. does that mean that I need MAX installed on my computer?
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

i'm on OSX 10.6.8; noticed that a second MAX window appears when you open the app up. does that mean that I need MAX installed on my computer?
hmmmm, works for me and i don't have anything max-related installed

great stuff, R, really enjoying this and grainstretch

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
michael2 wrote:thanks, always like new sound makers. I can't get it to work though. I loaded a file and I can see the waveform. the A,S,D,F, and G keys look to be controlling the app, but I can't get it to actually start playing the waveform. clicked the box that allows your spacebar to stop and start, but no go. just sitting there staring at me. tried an mp3 and an .aif file.

weird. will you let me know if you did anything different than I did. I opened it up, loaded a file, and hit the space bar. wouldn't start moving.

thanks.
my blog and some music:

michael2 wrote:

weird. will you let me know if you did anything different than I did. I opened it up, loaded a file, and hit the space bar. wouldn't start moving.

thanks.
yup...go into 'audio status'

set 'audio' to 'on', and select 'core driver' in the 'audio' pop-down menu...i have interface connected so use the internal output, but you might see options for an interface if you have one

then close window

this should do it...just remember to turn up the volume using bar on the right

hey rishabh

i don't know if this easy to do, but it would be great if when using reverse the pitch controls would be active in the reverse direction (while holding 'r' key)

cheers

Glad you guys have liked this program.
About the no sound issue. I can't really think of anything other than turning up the volume on the right side. By default the volume will be down so just move that slider up. You do not need Max to run this.

About the reverse and pitch controls working in the same direction. Yes I knew about that but couldn't really figure out how to implement it. I will try my best to implement it in an updated version.

rishabh wrote: About the reverse and pitch controls working in the same direction. Yes I knew about that but couldn't really figure out how to implement it. I will try my best to implement it in an updated version.
good stuff :)

Very cool app and nice video :tu:

Makes me regret I dont have a Mac :cry:

Maybe one day on Ipad ? ( crossing fingers )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

michael2 wrote:

thanks.
yup...go into 'audio status'

set 'audio' to 'on', and select 'core driver' in the 'audio' pop-down menu...i have interface connected so use the internal output, but you might see options for an interface if you have one

then close window

this should do it...just remember to turn up the volume using bar on the right
thanks, that did the trick. :)
my blog and some music:

michael wrote:
thanks, that did the trick. :)
:D

Great program, along with Grainstretch, thanks Rishabh!

Borealis

Return to “Instruments”