New AudioGL video + Crowdfunding

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the idea how you are going to handle 100's of automation in this sequencer. In the traditional daw if we automate 100 parameters we can't keep track and find which and what parameter we will edit, at least we should read hundreds of label of their parameters again and again.

As far as I can find in the latest demonstration video, we can remember and find them in 3D view and pick parameters which we will edit in 2D. It seems far easier than searching parameters by reading through 100 label of parameters.

I'll look into it, Spaceman. I'll have to buy reaper some day and take a look at its implementation. I grew up on the RCM so I'm used to the traditional method of learning music theory.

LuckyStrike: Yes, that's exactly it.

AGL wrote:I'll look into it, Spaceman. I'll have to buy reaper some day and take a look at its implementation. I grew up on the RCM so I'm used to the traditional method of learning music theory.
Well, I should be able to do without myself soon enough, but I know many electronic artists do not know the first thing about music theory and for them it's a very helpful feature and a selling point as well.

Btw..

In both Reaper and S1 you can select a key in the midi editor and it will automatically move notes to the nearest matching when painting notes.

In Reaper (and I believe in S1 as well) you can also select a bunch of existing notes and then transpose them to a new key.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Bump for an interesting project. On the subject of allowing the key and scale to be set for a project:

This is one of the outstanding features of the Sequentix Cirklon (hardware sequencer), and Numerology on Mac. Once the key + scale is set for a song it's possible to modulate the notes of individual steps, patterns and also allow one track to influence the notes of another track. Whole songs can also be transposed.

Combined with a "Force To Scale" option the user can then concentrate on the performance side of synth tweaking, with a constantly evolving but always musically useful pattern or song. That is certainly something I'd like to see makes its way in to AudioGL ...

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Almost forgot about Numerology.
That is indeed a good example.

Actually my opinion is this is bit too expensive for many people to buy, at least till there is a demo available.

Serious amateurs already have a lot of software so they may hesitate to buy another one that they may not use, especially if they do not earn many money.

Pro musicians are used to their current software. They may be willing to try this one, but probably do not care enough to spend 200$ for it

Finally, there is geek musicians (like me ;)) that like to test and try everything new and different, and are also usually willing to support this kind of project. But 200$ is just too much. I myself would have immediately registered for the beta if asked price was below 49$, and have would seriously thinked about it if it was between 49$ and 89$.

My opinion :

1/ You should offer some sort of incentive for people to pre-order, especially when price is relatively high. For example, if public price is going to be 200$, then pre-orderers should have a rebate (e.g they would pay only 150$) or some other kind of reward (e.g. special edition, lifetime updates ...)

2/ You should make different editions with different prices, as usual in this domain, e.g. 49$ for the base edition, 89$ for the medium one, 199$ for the full one ...

friendly bump :)

@Deed - that's why there's an option for a redeemable discount. You can donate in several mini-payments at your discretion, so it doesn't turn out $200 all at once, but in evenly spaced time intervals. On a lease! :D

... AND this room, is for the oscillator. If you walk up to the lever on the wall, you can pull it down and unleash subsonic demons. Don't forget your red keycard. If you get lost, open your tactical PDA and use your stunning GPS to find the mix fader. Slowly lower yourself down to your apartment, where you have stockpiled your samples. CAREFUL of the trap floor, every respawn lowers the sample rate a few points. If you have your aura on, magical high frequency fairies will follow you and bless your equalizer. :hihi:

camsr wrote:... AND this room, is for the oscillator. If you walk up to the lever on the wall, you can pull it down and unleash subsonic demons. Don't forget your red keycard. If you get lost, open your tactical PDA and use your stunning GPS to find the mix fader. Slowly lower yourself down to your apartment, where you have stockpiled your samples. CAREFUL of the trap floor, every respawn lowers the sample rate a few points. If you have your aura on, magical high frequency fairies will follow you and bless your equalizer. :hihi:
It doesn't come with LSD

@camsr
@spaceman

I laughed, really.
First read was like, 'seriously ?'. Second read was all fun. :D

@AGL

Your project is really really amazing, and I seriously hope you'll be able to carry it out and sell it.
Good luck with the fundraising, though, but you deserve all the attention of the synth/tech sites, it is so ambitious and groundbreaking.
Why not contact MusicRadar, SoundOnSound, SonicState, and other magazines in this market you're aiming at ? Some advertising would help, I think.

Love,

Emile

So, are there 'tracks' with this? Does it handle digital audio or JUST MIDI?

I am used to DAWs like Studio One Pro and Sonar, but I am a sucker for anything 3D!!!

That said, it almost looks too complicated and would give me a headache trying to do anything.

Is this simply too hard for the common layperson (you are a mechanical engineer after all - AutoCAD is one of those things I could NEVER pick up - but any graphic design program like Corel Draw or Photoshop is stupid easy for me)?

I do own 3D animation programs and SOME of it I can handle. I do understand 3D a bit (I own Carrara, Lightwave, Project Messiah, Vue 9 Complete and 6 Infinite and a bunch of other animation programs and modellers - 3D is my hobby), but other aspects elude me.

If I thought I could use this and it wouldn't sit on the proverbial shelf of "cool stuff but don't need it", I would consider buying. It just looks too hard to really use in a productive environment. Of course, it's also because I am used to my DAWs and sequencers (in 2D).

Mike

OK, now I am impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCC9uHHAEuA

This looks to be one of the best (and coolest) sound design programs ever made.

I'm in.

I'll buy a license as soon as I can - it's my birthday this week, so I'll use my birthday money (and hopefully some earnings) to buy one.

Can people who pay $200 get access to the current beta? I cannot wait to play with this!

Mike

@Deed: I think the issue is that people need to get their hands on it before I can raise any cash to really bring development into full swing. So yes, a demo version is needed.

@Karma: What people seem to miss on youtube is that you could technically do anything with the software, and it's not limited to the sort of workflow that I prefer. The synthesizer engine in and of itself is worth $200, and there's no need for people to make big compositions (ie: a rats-nest of wires) the way that I do.

It's interesting that the second video that I made really captured people's imaginations, and that the third one didn't. Perhaps I'll release some simple bare-bones synth experiments over the next little while, if that's what people like.

@AGL

I couldn't figure out, seeing the video, a lot of basic things that I would want to know, as a possible future customer, about the synth engine, for example :

Is it possible to do un-synced envelopes ?
Is it possible to draw curved envelopes ?
Is it possible to sync two oscillators ?
Do you have options on envelopes such as looping, freerun (don't know if I'm understood on this one : envelopes that go through all the attack and all the release times, not depending whether the keyboard gate is on or off [better now ? ^^]), keytrigger, always running, etc…
Audio-rate modulation ? (implies "can oscillators be used as LFOs ?" and lots of others…)
What are the actual different waveforms offered by the oscillator ?
Wavetable import ?

I really don't want to sound like nitpicking (is that the right word ?), cause that's what some people want to know… (like me:)

Video is, I think, a good way of showing it, but having it written somewhere could be useful too.

Love,
Emile.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”