MAutoVolume released with a riddiculous introductory price!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdf manual file is missing in Download page :help:

http://www.meldaproduction.com/download ... tation.pdf
Last edited by Greenhouse MG on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

^^^^
Here, in Windows XP, there's a link to the Documentation folder in my Start >> All Programs >> MeldaProduction >> productname folder.

I would think that there is something similar for OSX.

And they're on the Downloads tab on the product web pages.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Just bought and downloaded. Looking forward to getting this licensed. I've been using the demo version for the past few weeks and love it.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Lenticular wrote:
bitman wrote:I got mine!!

Thanks for making this. No other plug of this type worked with Sonar, this one does and does it well. Thanks also for the nice price on it too.

Does this record & follow midi events like Waves Rider too?
Not midi. Like waves vocal rider, it writes automation data - which is not the same as midi. It's actually better than midi because it has a higher resolution in most cases. (Host dependent)

It can be a bit confusing because many controllers use midi to communicate with the host. The host can record the movements as automation data, which is't using the midi protocol. Automation data is much better because it has a much higher resolution that midi, in most cases.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Thank you folks! :love:

- Documentation - added to the website :oops:
- Automation - yes, it should be able to do that with all hosts, though I'm personally against it, because despite it has high resolution, without automation it has much higher, hence better audio quality I believe.
- Upsampling is for aliasing removal, since as it is a nonlinear processor, it can cause some.
- M/S - you may for example want to "stabilize" the mono content only, so that the stereo signal (causing width) stays the same.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Excuse my ignorance but how does this differ from using a compressor?

@Keith99:
chokehold wrote:After all, volume automation is something like a more flexible compression method: make the quiet parts louder and make the loud parts more quiet, but with variable attack/release times.
@Melda:
chokehold wrote: Just one question: does this follow the Peak or RMS level of the signal?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Exactly, you could maybe do similar things with compressor (not the side-chain thing though probably), but setting it up would be a nightmare :).

It uses RMS of some kind ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Right I see, the attack is automatically set by the plugin. I will need to think on this, I mean with a compressor with fastest possible attack and auto release it must be quite similar but I guess this will allow transients to pass when below the level, hmmm yeh it could be great this

For how long is this available at the introductory price?

Can you explain a bit more about that side-chain and background aspects?

SuperFly76 wrote:
Lenticular wrote:
bitman wrote:I got mine!!

Thanks for making this. No other plug of this type worked with Sonar, this one does and does it well. Thanks also for the nice price on it too.

Does this record & follow midi events like Waves Rider too?
Not midi. Like waves vocal rider, it writes automation data - which is not the same as midi. It's actually better than midi because it has a higher resolution in most cases. (Host dependent)

It can be a bit confusing because many controllers use midi to communicate with the host. The host can record the movements as automation data, which is't using the midi protocol. Automation data is much better because it has a much higher resolution that midi, in most cases.
Thanks, yes I meant track automation. I tried the demo & it sounds like a compressor with auto gain, no?

Greenhouse MG wrote:Can you explain a bit more about that side-chain and background aspects?
Ok, this is from the documentation:

Side-chain panel controls the side-chain input. Normally the plugin stabilizes the input volume to a predefined level. When you enable
side-chain input, the plugin will also detect its volume and adjust the level accordingly. For example, when you process lead vocals,
you can route all other tracks into the side-chain and the plugin will ensure the vocal volume will always be approximately as loud as
the background, so that the vocal will always stay on top.

Background sensitivity

Background sensitivity is used to control how much the plugin listens to the side-chain signal. The higher the background sensitivity
is, the more the plugin is affected by the side-chain level instead of some predefined constant level.
Range: 0.00% to 100.0%, default 50.0%

Background gain
Background gain virtually amplifies or attenuates the side-chain signal. This may be useful, when you want to compare the processor
with and without side-chain. When side-chain is disabled, the output is leveled to a predefined volume. But your background may
have very different volume, so that when you start switching the side-chain on and off, the requested gain would quickly change
everytime you do that. With background gain you can tweak your background to avoid these changes, hence being able to
optimally consider whether it is good to use the side-chain or not.
Vojtech

Lenticular wrote: Thanks, yes I meant track automation. I tried the demo & it sounds like a compressor with auto gain, no?
:) well, technically any dynamic processor can be a compressor with auto gain. In fact, the idea here is just the "auto-gain" ;).
Vojtech

zeep wrote:Nice GUI.
+1
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Effects”