Moog Minitaur

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Moog told me it'll begin shipping next month.
Moog told me theyre shipping next WEEK ;)

atraf11 wrote:
http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/02/moog-m ... -next.html

Time to get those pennies together :shock: After reading the Sound On Sound review of the Arturia Minibrute I've decided I want one of those as well :wink:

Minitaur is reviewed in the latest issue of Future Music. Downloading issue now :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1

Dogboy73 wrote:
atraf11 wrote:

Time to get those pennies together :shock: After reading the Sound On Sound review of the Arturia Minibrute I've decided I want one of those as well :wink:
minibrute and minitaur seems like an awesome match... thick phat f**king bass with a lead that cuts through it all, hopefully it lives up to expectations

atraf11 wrote:Minibrute and minitaur seems like an awesome match... thick phat f**king bass with a lead that cuts through it all, hopefully it lives up to expectations
SoS got the first review of the Minibrute. Sounds very good from what they had to say about it.

atraf11 wrote:minibrute and minitaur seems like an awesome match... thick phat f**king bass with a lead that cuts through it all, hopefully it lives up to expectations
if there isn't some new waver band playing only mintaur, minibrute, and the waldorf pulse 2 by next year, i'll be pissed...

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
atraf11 wrote:minibrute and minitaur seems like an awesome match... thick phat f**king bass with a lead that cuts through it all, hopefully it lives up to expectations
if there isn't some new waver band playing only mintaur, minibrute, and the waldorf pulse 2 by next year, i'll be pissed...
f**k new wave, they always seem to take shit with awesome potential and turn in into regurgatated diaherria (look what happened after punk...)

lighten up man...

atraf11 wrote:f**k new wave, they always seem to take shit with awesome potential and turn in into regurgatated diaherria (look what happened after punk...)
That happens with all forms of music! :?

Anyway, Moog Minitaur, shipping from next week, in shops by the end of the month maybe? Future Music have the price (in the review from the latest issue) at considerably less than all the shops I've seen online. So what will the street price end up being?

atraf11 wrote:look what happened after punk...
Mission of Burma, PIL, This Heat, Raincoats, Joy Division, The Fall, Pop Group, Birthday Party, Bauhaus, 23 Skidoo, Cabaret Voltaire, Gang of Four, Neubaten, Mekons, Pere Ubu etc

etc

etc

etc

Gang of Four were pretty awesome.

Dogboy73 wrote:
atraf11 wrote:

Say could you give me the general consensus, in conclusion SOS had to say about the MiniBrute? Especially what tipped you over the fence you may of been on regarding the possibility of pulling the trigger on the MiniBrute. I am not a subscriber and just read the little they shared for us that haven't subscribed yet.

whitecloud wrote:
Dogboy73 wrote:
atraf11 wrote:

Say could you give me the general consensus, in conclusion SOS had to say about the MiniBrute? Especially what tipped you over the fence you may of been on regarding the possibility of pulling the trigger on the MiniBrute. I am not a subscriber and just read the little they shared for us that haven't subscribed yet.
I'm not subscribed either. I just bought this review for £0.99 since SoS doesn't seem to be available from Zinio or on the Apple Newsstand. Anyway, the general consensus seemed to be that this thing rocks! Some key points were that it felt solid & robust, "the MiniBrute's may be the most advanced analogue oscillator that I have ever seen on a non-modular monosynth", they wrote that the waveform special function controls really add a lot to this thing in terms of scope & depth, excellent modulation for a synth of this type/size. They also said that it was an analogue synthesizer of the old school that took a good 5 minutes to warm up before it was even playable! Sweet :wink: They didn't like the 2 octave keyboard & hoped for a bigger version & said the name of the synth sounded like an after shave for 14 year old boys!! :lol: They summed up partly by saying that in terms of vintage single oscillator competition they would go for the Minibrute over these for it's wider sonic pallet & performance capabilities. Praise indeed :love:

The Future Music review of the Minitaur was equally glowing & I'm still preferring this over the Minibrute & will likely buy one of these ASAP! Like SoS I don't really like the 2 octave keyboard on the Minibrute. It's too small & a bit pointless with so many MIDI controllers out there. But that's just me. I would have preferred the Minibrute without the keyboard since I'd be triggering this from my 49 key aftertouch MIDI keyboard first & foremost. Horses for courses :wink:

whyterabbyt wrote:
atraf11 wrote:look what happened after punk...
Mission of Burma, PIL, This Heat, Raincoats, Joy Division, The Fall, Pop Group, Birthday Party, Bauhaus, 23 Skidoo, Cabaret Voltaire, Gang of Four, Neubaten, Mekons, Pere Ubu etc

etc

etc

etc
:tu: Love This Heat and Camberwell Now - and I live in Camberwell so they were my local band (but they disbanded long before I moved here, oh well).

Actually the New Wave were better than Punk in my view if look at the longevity and diversity of those bands compared to the pure Punk bands. I'd chuck Magazine and Tubeway Army and even The Stranglers in there too. The Stranglers were always odd as they were accepted as a Punk band but used tons of keyboard sounds, which in my mind made them more New Wave before the New Wave I suppose.

Mr Arkadin wrote: :tu: Love This Heat and Camberwell Now - and I live in Camberwell so they were my local band (but they disbanded long before I moved here, oh well).

Actually the New Wave were better than Punk in my view if look at the longevity and diversity of those bands compared to the pure Punk bands. I'd chuck Magazine and Tubeway Army and even The Stranglers in there too. The Stranglers were always odd as they were accepted as a Punk band but used tons of keyboard sounds, which in my mind made them more New Wave before the New Wave I suppose.
Yup. To me, the original statement was highly at odds with my own experience. I grew up on punk, but it was far more notably the new wave/post-punk bands who actually pushed the boat out and really experimented with what music could be, in ways that punk really never quite had.

You could hear the direct influences of rock'n'roll, or glam and other strands in some of the original punk bands, but the post-punk bands were so uniquely disparate that almost nothing could be said to be a unifying source behind it, except for a massively collective of tearing up the rulebook that even punk largely reused.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”