Polyslax - Slow Reverse

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another one of those down tempo chillancholy things I tend to do. Noise, dirty piano and some beats.

Slow Reverse

also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/slow-reverse

8:29 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

Really nice track, Matt. Some great tape-reverse effects on here, and a great melodic dreamy feel to this one. Perfect late-night listening. Is it my imagination, or do the best tracks seem to turn up in the Cafe when sane people would be asleep?

Nice work.

Excellent 2am listening material :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you guys! Yeah, you keep some crazy hours Tim. I do too, but usually backwards... I'll get up very early... like some time between 2:30 and 4:00 am.
Image Image

Lovely. Especially liked the undersounds here. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Lovely, loose-limbed beats on this one, Matt. Nice melodic development, and gorgeous shimmery piano. Quite a melancholic feel to this one too. Luvverly stuff 8)

this is really nice and fits with my current herbal tea obsession - which is to say it has a lovely looseness while retaining a nicely fuzzy edged focus. splendid.

neil.

I would love to work with you some day... :) Please check out my link below and see if you are interested.

-Forrest

How come i havent heard this one. Terrific. :-)

Just curious, how did you do most of the reverses here?

Steven.

Thanks for all the lovely comments folks, I really appreciate it. )

Forrest - From what I've heard your tracks are very soothing and evocative... nice work... maybe a little more on the new age side than I'm used to. I'm not very good at collaborating, unfortunately, but who knows, perhaps the right circumstances will present themselves some day.

Steven - When you say reverses, do you mean most of the noisy sounds? Most of that was done with Curtis and Donut on an iPad.
Image Image

wow, this has some wild spatial stuff on the piano, and crazy mad stuff that keeps with it through the patches with less beats. Sure liked this.

Lovely, great monday morning listen :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

the use of the backing effects and glitches provides a good seasoning to the otherwise fairly mellow and easygoing main track. sort of like a spicy cream sauce on pasta, the elements balance each other out very nicely.

Thanks awfully gents!

mmmm... spicy, creamy pasta. :)
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”