DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

grymmjack wrote: Yes tried to cancel as well. No luck. Would you be willing to help me with SM sysex should I need some?
Ok.. i read some stuff about SM's registry entries that could be wrong etc. I'm sure they'll sort it out at the SM forums. And yes i can help you with the sysex stuff. But i have to warn you, it's very simple :)
grymmjack wrote: Cheers for your kindness and not being a jerk for me invading your thread. ;)
No prob :)
There are more important things in life than "owning" a thread :P
I'd just hope to see more usage reports from people who've tried my editor so far..
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Apart from Ableton Live compatibility there seems to be no other issues that need to be checked, so i might as well go ahead and set a date for the release.

Official release date: :party:
20:02.2012 GMT+2

You can order unofficially before that by PM.
The price is 10 euros, payable only through paypal.
:band2:
:tu:

Also, I'd like to know how many there are who would need a version for Tetra. Shout out! If there's enough of you i can do a version that fully supports Tetra too. But I'm going to need help because I haven't got a Tetra to test it on...
www.mkdr.net

New version v0.9

fixes, enhancements, polishing
Gui's still big and ugly :)
www.mkdr.net

Released!

-> here
www.mkdr.net

I will be buying this when I get paid! Thanks for your work.

mkdr wrote:Released!

-> here
Any feedback if this works with Cubase 5, I'm asking because I do not have a Mopho but want to buy one at some point, the thing holding me back was a VST for it(and money :hihi: ), with good props!

breakmixer wrote:

-> here
Any feedback if this works with Cubase 5, I'm asking because I do not have a Mopho but want to buy one at some point, the thing holding me back was a VST for it(and money :hihi: ), with good props!
I can prob try it out for you. I think i still have a Cubase 5 trial lying around somewhere. I tried it briefly before i bought Cubase 6. I'll let you know how it goes when i get home on monday. :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:

-> here
I can prob try it out for you. I think i still have a Cubase 5 trial lying around somewhere. I tried it briefly before i bought Cubase 6. I'll let you know how it goes when i get home on monday. :)
If you use it with 6? I guess it'll work with 5, so just need to wait to see if work continues to pick up like it seems to be doing atm and once I get my tax rebate if I can afford it then I'll be getting a Mopho, the UI looks nice btw. but if you can definately check it'd be a bonus, I've downloaded the demo - but with the Mopho itself cannot fully test(obviously)....

Cheers...

zerocrossing wrote:Thanks for this, I'll check it out tonight. I was disappointed that Soundtower dropped the ball on this after promising it for their "pro" version owners. Yet it took you 3 weeks. :cool:
Goes to show what a bunch of incompetents they must be...Why the hell Dave Smith used them is beyond me... :roll:

breakmixer wrote: If you use it with 6? I guess it'll work with 5, so just need to wait to see if work continues to pick up like it seems to be doing atm and once I get my tax rebate if I can afford it then I'll be getting a Mopho, the UI looks nice btw. but if you can definately check it'd be a bonus, I've downloaded the demo - but with the Mopho itself cannot fully test(obviously)....

Cheers...
Well, in software nothing is sure before it's sure. So I'll still check it. But if you can already load it up in Cubase5 and select midi ports etc, there shouldn't be anything stopping it from working.

Oh oh oh.. You could even try it out with two instances of my editor! :-o
You'll need to "install" them to two separate folders and rename the other dll, load them both up in Cubase5 and select one to send data and the other to receive. You'll also need to connect the midi out to the midi in on your interface with a midi-cable.. or use a loopback driver(they don't support sysex though). A very good, and the most stable free loopback driver is Copperlan. Highly recommended.

With this setup you can see that every control is sending and receiving.. and that the preset load up procedure is ok, even when opening a project-file (this is where most editors fail). On preset load the editor sends out a sysex of the patch, so this won't work with any loopback driver, you'll need the cable-approach.

I don't really blame SoundTower for not jumping to the VSTi market.. though i hate unfulfilled promises. The tech needed for this thing is quite complex and filled with problematic spots. Without full understanding of how threads work and how midi is handled it's going to be a major PITA to code. As can be seen from pretty much any other VSTi editor: A. they use huge amounts of CPU-time because of bad threading approach B. fill the midi-port with junk messages C. send way too many control messages when automated D. and even crash if automated too quickly..

Btw. If the control receiving is a bit laggy it's caused by the hacked up NRPN receiver in there. It's a feature i haven't perfected yet. Problem is only in the screen update. No messages are lost. I'll get to making it smoother soon. Priority now is Keyboard version and applying CC messages in tandem with the NRPN.. which equals to More Modulation Mayhem! without taxing out the midi-port too much.
www.mkdr.net

Looks interesting. The official editor, hmm i don't know, didn't like him.
So maybe this will be a good alternative...

Anyway for building midi-controllers for hw, SM is great basement. Using it myself for some editors of my drum synths.

Cool cool cool news!
The Keyboard version seems to be working nicely now too. After all things are fully checked I'll make it part of the Mopho editors installer. Special thanks to a friendly beta tester who made this possible :)
www.mkdr.net

Is there a way to import all of the current patches off of the mopho?

rodan wrote:Is there a way to import all of the current patches off of the mopho?
Simple answer. No.

The idea is that you don't have to import anything. Just turn the knob on the Mopho and the patch goes to the editor. This felt so intuitive and easy that i didn't feel a need to complicate things.

The patches you actually use you can save to your host's patch manager.

Edit: I had thoughts of including a sysex librarian to the plugin(i've done those for four of my other synths), but the amount of "patch librarys" available for the Mopho is non existent..
I might reconsider when i get to re-do the GUI. It needs to be a tiny bit smaller and cuter :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
rodan wrote: The idea is that you don't have to import anything. Just turn the knob on the Mopho and the patch goes to the editor. This felt so intuitive and easy that i didn't feel a need to complicate things.
Oh I see how it's meant to work now. It sorta eliminates the need for presets by storing it with your save in your daw. Cool I like that.

Just picked up a copy :)

Thanks for your work on this...and yes a slightly smaller gui would be awesome ha.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”