What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

RP Delay in Pro Tools bypasses when another insert is added

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Vulcandj
KVRist

125 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Vulcandj; Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 am RP Delay in Pro Tools bypasses when another insert is added

I have Pro Tools 8.0.3 and I'm using Vista 32 Home. I had RP Delay on an bus track, and I added an EZMix 2 plugin. When I did that, the delay acted as if it had been bypassed. When I removed the EZMix plugin, the delay insert worked. Has anyone experienced this? I haven't tried other plugins to see if it is compatibility issue with EZMix. I'll try that later today.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.
Concretefx
KVRAF

3519 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

Hi there

That is very odd , we haven't had other reports. Let us know how things go with other plugins and we will have a look when we have some time.

Cheers

Jon
Vulcandj
KVRist

Postby Vulcandj; Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

I tested Pro Tools today and placed Vacuum, then RP Delay, then EZMix 2 on an instrument track, and it worked just fine, except when I bypassed RP Delay. Then all the audio went away. Then I placed RP Delay and EZMix on an aux input and sent the vacuum signal to it, and it worked just fine, and bypassing the delay worked as it should. I don't know if it's my system that's buggy, but it worked better than the other day. I'll keep you posted if anymore "freak" things happen.

PS Love the delay. I see it being in just about everything I do.
Concretefx
KVRAF

3519 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi there

Hmm, that does sound very odd. We will need to investigate here

Cheers

Jon
Vulcandj
KVRist

Postby Vulcandj; Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 am

The loss of audio thing happened again yesterday. I started a new session in Pro Tolls, and put Boom on a track, then RP Delay. When I hit the bypass button on the plugin (the round one, not the oblong one up near the top of the window), the audio goes away. I did notice that RP delay is still getting a signal, it's just passing through it. This is an odd one.

Walt

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen