Writing a melody

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The problem with the internet is there is too much information. And generally when we find a good source of reading material we burn ourselves out trying to comprehend it all in one setting.

Then we do things like.... look for a million and one links on the same subject which can directly conflict with information we already have.

When learning how to be a musician/writer the best approach is to absorb a little information. Work it into our mindset make it a mantra. Develop from that and learn to apply it before going to the next concept. This is the way what we learn "sticks" and is added to our collective unconcious. Where we don't have to think through the things we already know.

I've started a collection of concepts for melody writing. It's not a complete work and never will be. It's more about how to think about melody and exploring options. So you can develop your own melodic lines.

As I've stated before. Even though the concepts are brief. Take one blog post and take it to heart. Work it out for a few days or even a week before you tackle the next one. Cramming does not work.
http://www.tappermike.com/?q=node/22

-Mike
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Thank you, I really appreciate the efforts you have gone to to help others, like me!! :)

Thank you! It's a great idea!

Return to “Music Theory”