Bitwig Studio announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trimph1 wrote:Looking for preorders, perhaps? :hihi:
More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:

todd_r wrote:DV247 are most likely just guessing the price, we need some proper news!
DV247 are not given to guessing prices ;)
headquest wrote:More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

They have even announced the features of Version 2.0 before version 1.0 is in beta! how desperate is that?

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:
Sadly this could very well be the case :(

spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?
I heard hibidy sold Reaper. :o
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick.
... 32 pages of speculation, BS, and other random nonsense on KVR (not to mention other sites) and it looks to me like the BWS marketing department did an absolutely stunning, out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product.

Peace,
Andy.

musikmachine wrote:
spaceman wrote:So, have you all sold your current host already in anticipation of the Bitwig release?
I heard hibidy sold Reaper. :o
Hmmm, so that's what this "2012, end of the world" business is about. Makes sense now...
Eternitysound VST Banks

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick.
... 32 pages of speculation, BS, and other random nonsense on KVR (not to mention other sites) and it looks to me like the BWS marketing department did an absolutely stunning, out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product.
Quoted for truth. Headquest, you're a hopeless Live fanboy!
It comes through in every post! :lol:

So am I, but I'm more of a fickle b*tch, if Bitwig have a superior workflow then I'm very interested. This along with the actual feature set is something we simply do not know yet.
One thing, I think they did a better job with creating a buzz than Ohm Studio has or Studio One. That's good marketing more than desperation IMO.

headquest wrote:
More to the point, a lot of their actions suggest they are running out of money and looking for outside investors. Hence an early announcement before NAMM to generate buzz, and demonstrating that retailers are committed to stocking it, etc.

You are very right about business techniques but imho everything you said for them could be just pure speculation and there isn't any single evidence to support that. I suppose you won't call their announcement some kind of proof for your claim because these days there isn't any company which i know that doesn't do this type of advertisement prior product release.

We should wait and see.

A lot of nonsense in this thread. Well at least they have success in generating buzz that's it.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Peace,
Andy.
:tu:

They managed to generate hype on Kvr. That's about it.

Having said that, even a twitter message sent out by a cat by accident can generate hype on Kvr. So I'm not sure that the waffle on Kvr should be seen as a measure of marketing success.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Babya logic threads had several pages as well... :D

ZINO wrote:Babya logic threads had several pages as well... :D
LOL.

The Bitwig announcement got a brief mention in Computer Music magazine, but Future Music, Music Tech Magazine and Sound on Sound all ignored it. So not an "out-of-this-world job building some nice hype for their new product" type of marketing success just yet ZenPunkHippy ;)

@ machinesworking: :lol: :oops:

headquest wrote:A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:
This is how it works in the USA and UK... Bitwig are a German company. Business ethics are quite different there.

Goratrix wrote:
headquest wrote:A lot of business techniques these days revolve around attracting equity via spin and pulling off a confidence trick. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys pitch on the next series of Dragon's Den :hihi:
This is how it works in the USA and UK... Bitwig are a German company. Business ethics are quite different there.
Is there a second "Germany" anywhere around? - I'm quite sure the one you're talking about can't be the one I'm living. :hihi:

So, can we call it "100% official" now that there has to be a second Germany, because you know that business ethics are different there from the Germany I'm living? ;)

Seriously... by far not every German company has ethics than f.e. U-He has.

soehngenetic wrote:
Goratrix wrote:
Is there a second "Germany" anywhere around? - I'm quite sure the one you're talking about can't be the one I'm living. :hihi:

So, can we call it "100% official" now that there has to be a second Germany, because you know that business ethics are different there from the Germany I'm living? ;)

Seriously... by far not every German company has ethics than f.e. U-He has.
True...

My ENGL amp for example has very low ethic. It wakes up the whole neighbourhood at night! :hihi:

kmonkey wrote:
headquest wrote:

You are very right about business techniques but imho everything you said for them could be just pure speculation and there isn't any single evidence to support that. I suppose you won't call their announcement some kind of proof for your claim because these days there isn't any company which i know that doesn't do this type of advertisement prior product release.

We should wait and see.

A lot of nonsense in this thread. Well at least they have success in generating buzz that's it.
I am going with the idea that there might be a problem with cash flow. I have seen this in other areas as well...

In the model railroad hobby this has become something of a trend now. A fair number of manufacturers are now looking at limited runs of product, in this case locomotives, the thing is to generate hype about a particular locomotive with pre-production models displayed at various trainshows then to say that one can preorder the locomotive through their nearest local hobby shop. The issue in this case is that because these are limited runs the prices are usually high and demand then becomes higher.

I am kind of thinking that BW is doing themselves a disservice by asking that much for what is a new product that does not even have any foothold, at least yet.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”