Ableton Live is completely incompatible with any Automap product since v8.1.3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tinusk wrote:I sincerely hope that the developers at Ableton will fix this issue soon. It's a shame not being able to correctly use such a nice controller. In theory, if Ableton is willing to work together with Automap, it would be one awesome system. In practice however, I presume the guys at Ableton have much higher priorities for supporting other (Akai) hardware which they might make more profit on.
I hope so, as Automap was a disappointment for me. The idea is awesome, of course- but in practice, everything starting from the setup to the actual usage did not work smoothly as I expected. Support was unable to ever provide me with a working SDK, so if Ableton never fixes the issues, I wouldn't be surprised. A standard that relies on 3rd party developers should ihmo be able to provide at least a minimum amount of support, e.g. in the form of a mailing list, if personal support is not an option.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I've been in touch with Ableton support over this. They say that it's a complicated issue and that both they and novation have to make changes to get things working.

I'm going to contact novation support next, and urge everyone that's having this problem to do the same.

Any news on this?

I noticed that when jbridging the automapped plugins, the automation data is recorded smoothly again. However, there are crackles with the plugin ui window open while playing/recording automation data...

TabSel wrote:Any news on this?

I noticed that when jbridging the automapped plugins, the automation data is recorded smoothly again. However, there are crackles with the plugin ui window open while playing/recording automation data...
I'm still in contact with novation suppport, they can't reproduce the problem but are looking into it. It would probably help if you could contact them directly.

The person dealing with me is Alex Lucas, KVR memberalexl_novation. The email address I'm getting is 2802support@focusrite.com, case no. is 113432

Hi,

Thank you all for posing on this thread. If you are experiencing jumpy automation when controlling an Automap enabled plug-in within Live please contact me. It's best to contact me via the form on the Novation Answerbase. It would be useful for us to gather information on this issue.

http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Best regards,
Alex Lucas
Novation Technical Support

I'm going to bump this again.
Please anyone suffering from this issue, contact Novation and Ableton support.
I know there a number of peole that have this problem but if no one bothers to report it, it'll never get fixed.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”