What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy in VEP Pro 4.1 [solved]

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Garehead
KVRer

8 posts since 20 Feb, 2012

Postby Garehead; Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 am Alchemy in VEP Pro 4.1 [solved]

Just installed Alchemy and am trying to use it inside VEP on same computer as Cubase 6. Alchemy is receiving midi info and various filters are responding, but visually the knobs and faders arent' moving.

Some setting I need to adjust in Alchemy?
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10367 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi,

This sounds like a bug with VEP or Alchemy itself, because there are no settings to determine if the GUI controls update or not. Are you sending MIDI CC messages, or using automation?

Peace,
Andy.
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 am

I'm sending Midi CC real time.
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 am

I've just installed VE Pro 5 (don't have a license for v4 yet ...). MIDI learn of the filter cutoff is working over a network or running on a local machine through Cubase and the Alchemy GUI is updating correctly. This is on Mac OS 10.6.8.

Which OS are you using?

There is a bug in VEP 5 where deleting instances of Alchemy, CamelSpace or CamelPhat will cause a crash. VSL have acknowledged the bug is their problem so I'm testing with a beta build of V5. The bug seems to be fixed, but this suggests VEP 4 might have similar problems.

Are they still actively developing VE Pro 4? Or would they expect users to update to VE 5 for bug fixes?

Peace,
Andy.
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you both for your responses. I've just installed VEP 5 (from 4) and we'll see if that makes a difference.
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 pm

So I've got VEP5 up and running on my main DAW but I'm still not seeing Alchemy responding (that is visually) to Midi CC. That is the knobs/faders aren't moving. They are responding audio wise thankfully, but it would be nice to see what's happening as well.

Zen, can you see them actually moving when you're sending MidiCC?
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi,

Yes the knobs are moving when I control via MIDI CC. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing:

I'm using an external keyboard to send CC messages through Cubase to VE Pro, controlling (say) the master filter cutoff. The control was learned by sending MIDI CC through the main host to the VE session.

What happens if you load Alchemy in a Cubase project? Do the controls update?

Peace,
Andy.
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Sounds like we're doing the same thing. I have VEP5 running as Server outside Cubase, with various instances of Kontakt, Omnisphere, and Alchemy. Alchemy is the only instrument that isn't responding visually to midiCC, which like you , I'm sending from a keyboard controller through Cubase 6.

When Alchemy is loaded directly in CB, it works fine. I can see everything responding.

Are you running in 64bit?...I am, with OSX10.6.8
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Garehead wrote:Are you running in 64bit?...I am, with OSX10.6.8

Yes, both Cubase 6 x64 and VE Pro 64-bit server on 10.6.8. Right-click MIDI learn for the VE Pro instance of Alchemy, send CC from external keyboard through Cubase and the GUI updates. Multiple controls also updating.

If I close Cubase the controls stop updating, so that rules out VE Pro doing anything itself. It's unlikely something this basic is affected by the VE Pro version, but I'm running:

VE Pro Server build 5.0.10156 (64-bit)

Are you controlling the master filters? I've tested both master filter cutoff controls, the Multimode Filter FX and Source A filter cutoff 1. All working ...

Strange problem! What about if you go to the VE Pro Server preferences -> Plugins page and click Rescan all. Does that make a difference?

Peace,
Andy.
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 am

None of the controller seems to want to change visually.

Tried rescan in VEP5 settings, then tried Rescan All and I keep getting an "ELicenser Control-Error', saying "Vienna Instruments PRO caused the following error: eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application" !!!!

I'll have to contact VE about this and solve this first. Ugg..
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

So , once I got my eLicenser error sorted out, I've installed the latest Beta version of VEP 5, hit 'Rescan All' in the plug-in settings and now Alchemy works both visually and aurally! All good..

Thanks for your Zen!
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:28 am

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

Peace,
Andy.
Garehead
KVRer

Postby Garehead; Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 am

Cool....and that should have read, "Thanks for your HELP" :)
Thanks,

G

OSX 64bit
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:10 am

Ha ha ... no worries, I don't mind handing out free Zen! :cool:

Peace,
Andy.

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio